Tuesday, November 13, 2007

promises promises

I am a bad blogger... you can admit it. I promised pictures from my brother's wedding...and...nothing. (I promise I would post some but even I myself have not seen any!!)

THEN I get engaged and I promise a website with story...and...nothing....actually, we are working on the website so hold tight...

It has seemed like life has been a whirlwind of activity since the engagement. All of a sudden church got crazy, work is nuts, and any snipit of time we have left is spent either falling asleep on the couch out of sheer exhaustion or planning the wedding...

I have been a bit edgy...if I am being honest. It seems that the instant you get engaged, "your" wedding becomes everyone's wedding and suddenly you are being TOLD how to dress, what colors to pick, what flowers should go on the tables, where to have it...talk about wanting to run and hide under my bed!! I appriciate the love and I appriciate the advice, but honestly, I know what I want.

The best advice someone gave me thus far came from a man. He just happened to walk into the lunchroom where I was getting bombarded with the do's and don'ts of my own wedding...I think he could see my overwhelmed face. He said, "Heather, the only thing you need to worry about that day is saying 'I do" "; and, at the end of the day, you will still accomplish the task you came to do, no matter the color of flowers or the food at the reception...or even, the guests there..."

You know, a little perspective goes a long way. He is right.

Anyways...Christmas is coming...just thought I would remind you...signing off...more later...I promise...;-)

1 comment:

Janelle Flint said...

Amen sister!!! Enjoy every moment of it, even the stressful ones. I am so excited for you and Wes. Keep your chin up, it does get better. Like the day AFTER the wedding!!! No seriously, planning can be stressful. Know that the Flints are praying for you. It was a pleasure singing with you tonight. God bless!