Wednesday, November 21, 2007

The Proposal....written by Wes

It was a rainy Thursday night, and I couldn't wait any longer. I had "the talk" with the Guengerich family earlier in the week...Once that part was complete I knew I had to act fast. So after a normal dinner and a little TV time, I persuaded Heather outside (still drizzling out) to read a little story. Heather's favorite place to be is at the beach. So I worked hard that week to build her a beach alongside the creek by my house...
After a few attempts, the wet lighter and candle finally brought some light to reveal a canopied table with flowers in the woods. After the little story, some tears, and some rain drops...we walked over to the beach and spent some time with our feet in the sand...and then it happened...my knees got weak and I dropped to both...I opened a little wooden box holding a small token of love and commitment and asked Heather to spend the rest of her life with me.

And she said yes.

3 comments:

Katie Carringer said...

WWWOOOO!!! Heather and Wes rock my face off :-)

Unknown said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
What a wonderful moment for absolute Thanksgiving!!!!!
Can 't wait to see the pictures.
Will I get to come to the wedding?

Janelle Flint said...

WOW!!! What a beautiful story from one of my FAVORITE couples. I can't believe God's graciousness and that he is allowing ALL of us to watch Him work through the two of you. Thank you for sharing your lives AND your love with all of us at Mtn. View. My children absolutely love you two and I can't wait for my kids to someday play with YOURS!!! YEAH!!! So that has to be one of the sweetest proposal stories I have ever heard. God bless you both and Happy Thanksgiving....