Wednesday, November 21, 2007

For those of you wondering...My first Date with Wes went something like this....

We met through some mutual friends that we both knew at church however the details of our first date are kind of funny.
I had just been on a few dates in the weeks prior to Wes asking me to have dinner with him. I had been single for awhile and was really tired of "first dates" and all the drama that came with them. I was SO over them!
So when Wes asked if I would like to go to OUTBACK on a gift certificate that he had, I instantly thought, "Oh good, this is defiantly not a date!". And honestly, that was not his intention to start with. Wes was just wanting to get to know me better as a friend and thought it would be a good way to make it seem less date like and more friend like. (but his friends still give him a hard time about using a gift certificate for our first date!) He picked me up in his old Ford truck (which I LOVED!). To my surprise, we spent about the next 4 hours talking and laughing over the best dinner I had had in awhile. It was like I knew him my whole life. There was just something different about him. And thus was the beginning of a great love story...

No comments: