
Ok...so I know you all are DYING to know if we have chickens yet....
*maybe not dying...but curious*
And the answer is no. I don’t anticipate that we will get them until after Memorial Day weekend. To say that May has been CRAZY busy for us would be a HUGE understatement....I worked an event at the Cove last week for three days, Wes is gone on a men’s retreat this weekend, I am then gone to Franklin, TN for a work conference next week (all week) , and we decided to go camping with my brother and sister in law and brother and her brother over Memorial Day weekend....in Charleston....
So, uh, looks like the Chickens will have to wait until we are home consistently....after Memorial Day...And I would hate for the Roxy/House sitter to have to also go in and collect eggs while we are gone....don’t want to scare her.
Like I said, we are busy...but life is good. We are growing...
Wes and I had the amazing privilege of hanging out with some of the Hillsong band last week. It never ceases to amaze me how much their lives have splashed all over mine in the last few years. They are world changers. Literally, travel the world bringing His message.
But you know what has hit me this past time? I have known some of these folks for several years and can call them my friends...I have traveled to the other side of the world and worshiped with them on their turf. But regardless of where the Lord takes them and me....we are the same. I am a world changer too. No, I may not be leading worship to hundreds of thousands of people, or traveling....consistently like they do, BUT, We all live similar lives in that, we are walking out a calling with what the Lord has placed in front of us..
Something Darlene said during her conference that has stuck with me that I would love challenge my blog readers with is this: “Are you working in a ROLE, or are you walking out a CALLING?”....
Seriously, I believe all of us at times can honestly say we waver between the two. When I am weary and going on my own strength, I tend to just work in my role, just eeking by. But when I am focused on HIM in my life, truly focused, I know I am walking out a calling.
Hanging out last week was so refreshing. A good reminder to me and a challenge at the same time to always seek to focus on Him and where He really wants me.
To keep a global perspective....and do something about it.
I will end by saying that Wes and I are excited to say that we have also adopted our first child this past Sunday. Our church has jumped along side of Compassion International in supporting children in Ecuador. And it was time for us to commit to being part of that on a monthly basis. Our church would like to, in a few years, take those of us that want to...(*me me me!*)...on a trip to our supported region of Ecuador to visit our sponsor kids...
I am so excited about the prospect of that. I am so excited to take part in something globally on a regular basis.
If you aren’t, ask me how. There are so many ways to help. And we are called to. So do it. Today.
PS- stay tuned for Chicken adventures....I won’t leave you hanging.
*maybe not dying...but curious*
And the answer is no. I don’t anticipate that we will get them until after Memorial Day weekend. To say that May has been CRAZY busy for us would be a HUGE understatement....I worked an event at the Cove last week for three days, Wes is gone on a men’s retreat this weekend, I am then gone to Franklin, TN for a work conference next week (all week) , and we decided to go camping with my brother and sister in law and brother and her brother over Memorial Day weekend....in Charleston....
So, uh, looks like the Chickens will have to wait until we are home consistently....after Memorial Day...And I would hate for the Roxy/House sitter to have to also go in and collect eggs while we are gone....don’t want to scare her.
Like I said, we are busy...but life is good. We are growing...
Wes and I had the amazing privilege of hanging out with some of the Hillsong band last week. It never ceases to amaze me how much their lives have splashed all over mine in the last few years. They are world changers. Literally, travel the world bringing His message.
But you know what has hit me this past time? I have known some of these folks for several years and can call them my friends...I have traveled to the other side of the world and worshiped with them on their turf. But regardless of where the Lord takes them and me....we are the same. I am a world changer too. No, I may not be leading worship to hundreds of thousands of people, or traveling....consistently like they do, BUT, We all live similar lives in that, we are walking out a calling with what the Lord has placed in front of us..
Something Darlene said during her conference that has stuck with me that I would love challenge my blog readers with is this: “Are you working in a ROLE, or are you walking out a CALLING?”....
Seriously, I believe all of us at times can honestly say we waver between the two. When I am weary and going on my own strength, I tend to just work in my role, just eeking by. But when I am focused on HIM in my life, truly focused, I know I am walking out a calling.
Hanging out last week was so refreshing. A good reminder to me and a challenge at the same time to always seek to focus on Him and where He really wants me.
To keep a global perspective....and do something about it.
I will end by saying that Wes and I are excited to say that we have also adopted our first child this past Sunday. Our church has jumped along side of Compassion International in supporting children in Ecuador. And it was time for us to commit to being part of that on a monthly basis. Our church would like to, in a few years, take those of us that want to...(*me me me!*)...on a trip to our supported region of Ecuador to visit our sponsor kids...
I am so excited about the prospect of that. I am so excited to take part in something globally on a regular basis.
If you aren’t, ask me how. There are so many ways to help. And we are called to. So do it. Today.
PS- stay tuned for Chicken adventures....I won’t leave you hanging.
No comments:
Post a Comment