Monday, May 24, 2010

Saturday Morning with the Waldorf's (written by Wes)




Well...sometimes it's good to share with each other lessons we have learned...to help those we love not go through things we have....Yesterday morning provided one of those moments. For me...who was supposed to be camping with a bunch of dudes from church....which got rained out...but it didn't rain...

I thought I'd get a jump start on some to-do list around the house...actually in the "man cave"... After sharpening two out of four lawn mower blades...I decided to tackle the last two...which needed quite a bit more than just a hand file.

In the past, the 4 1/2" angle grinder...with a fresh blade tends to make the quickest and best work of these dull forms of metal...which are often covered with age-old grass and a little rust.... This time however...it made quick and steady work of the task...until I somehow managed to drop the 4 1/2" angle grinder onto my gloved hand...which by the way...this wonderful power tool invention spins around 10k rpms...

I was impressed to see my quick reflexes and thinking cause me to let go of the trigger, and pull my hand, and what was left of my glove...out of this spinning mass.

Here's comes the problem...my loving wife had just put a pot of coffee on...and had every intention of a nice, relaxing, peaceful morning....of which I had no intention to interrupt. So...I quickly surveyed the massive void in my hand...and managed to get out of the man cave as quickly as possible, as to avoid creating a mess in there...

I managed to dispose of the handfuls of bodily life fuel into the flower bed...and make my escape into the bathroom, and wash out the pumping void in my hand....After a couple minutes surveying the damage...i realised there was only one tube of super glue left...from the many cuts and slices in the past...and not any first aid around the house...

So....we made the journey into town...the other side of town...and spend the rest of the morning getting poked, prodded, shots and sutures...which I must say...has been quite sometime since I enjoyed that experience.

After 8 shots into the void, and one tetanus shot in the arm...the crimson red concoction of metal, my favorite glove, and a little ego...ceased its flow, after the 5 sloppy stitches brought it together... In case you're wondering what this may have looked like as to prevent yourself from experiencing the same....I have attached a few photos...of which you may want to view some time before or well after a meal...

No comments: