Monday, June 23, 2008

In Sickness and in Health

I am quickly learning that in marriage, you share EVERYTHING...from finances to covers on the bed at night (or the bed for that matter), and for us recently, sick germs. Yes, unfortunately I have been the sick one...and the sharer in this case.

Two weeks ago I was awaken in the middle of the night with a bought of really nasty stomach illness...food poisoning (or so we hoped). For two days I writhed on the couch in pain. I haven't felt that bad in a LOOONNNNGGGG time. Wes took good care of me , bringing me Popsicles and ginger ale all while keeping a good distance...you know, just in case it wasn't food poisoning...I wouldn't wish that on anyone! I really prayed hard that he wouldn't get it...and he didn't...*phew*...

And Life moved on...for a little...

Until last week I started not feeling right again...*what is up with this?*...I really am NEVER this sick...
It started with a little cough...that I tried to ignore....but eventually moved deeper and deeper...by Wed morning I was having a hard time breathing. So I caved in, went to the doctor, where, after 5 min of listening to my lungs she wheeled in a nebulizer treatment. I looked like I was smoking a peace pipe....And it kind of was... **AHH** talk about instant relief. Peace to the lungs! Who knew that taking a full breath would feel so nice... Two inhalers and a couple of prescriptions later I was on my way to CVS...and then home.
Needless to say the coughing got worse, before it got better. And I am still hacking...

Wes had to leave on a business trip the day after my bronchitis diagnosis...and I have to say that while I missed him, I was glad for his sake...I was really hoping he would be spared from my sick germs once again...but Sat, after a very successful yard sale in the morning, he came home to a fever, achy body, and dry cough...**ut oh**

So, we have spent the weekend quarantined in our house...I bleached, washed, lysoled, and febreesed everything I possibly could yesterday but I guess the attempt has been too late. We really did nothing more than sleep, eat chicken noodle soup, drink orange juice, and watch movies...which will probably be on the agenda this week as well...In sickness and in health...learning about those vows in a small way right now. :-)

So if you think about it, say a little prayer for us...for us to get over our germyness and move back into the land of the living.

1 comment:

Janelle Flint said...

Praying for you! It can be hard when the germs hit. Sounds like you are doing all the right things though...cleaning, laughing through it and loving each other even in the sickness. Blessing to you.