So it is time to share my secret…I have been on this new obsession lately….GOODWILL SHOPPING…
A friend from work actually started the craze…and let me tell you, it has become an epidemic. We take lunch breaks to go browse the isles of Goodwill. Carloads of us…
Goodwill used to be a place, in my mind, that smelled funny, and had old, ratty, dirty clothes with holes and stains…the place where you shopped to find, FUNNY clothes…But to my surprise, the whole atmosphere of that place has become something so very…different.
For one, times have changed and people just don’t wear their clothes like they used to…obsessed with the changing styles, the turnover of some folks closets is a weekly thing…so where do you take the barley worn shirt you just bought? Goodwill…and what is yesterdays outfit for them, has become my new treasure…
Seriously folks, I almost don’t want to tell you this for fear that you will beat me to Goodwill and get all the good clothes before I do, but you are missing out and just plain dumb if you don’t at least try to go and look. $3.75 per item. Name brand things. Stores I can’t even afford to look in. Some of these things I have been finding still have tags on them!! It is ridiculous and has revolutionized the way I shop…
Unfortunately, I am ruined for “normal” shopping. I went outlet shopping last week and couldn’t bring myself to even purchase a shirt for $10 when I know I can find the same thing, hanging on the goodwill rack in a few weeks. I won’t do it…it just seems silly.
And now, honestly, it has become a way to “unwind”…relieve stress after a hard day…you should see me. I have become quite good at label looking quickly…my personal treasure hunt.
With Wes starting a new job, he has needed a whole new wardrobe…and that can get pricey! But slowly he is getting quite a nice selection of shirts and pants…One that I have been purchasing him at Goodwill. He is dressed only in the finest brands….and boy does he look good! Just saying…:-)
So my friends, with the rising gas and grocery prices…if you are feeling pinched and not able to shop, or needing something new, try Goodwill…I promise you, you won’t be disappointed. In fact, you may very well see me there.
No comments:
Post a Comment