Coming off of a REALLY fun and exciting weekend, I entered into the week slightly tired but feeling really good. Ready for the "fight". Ready to face anything that was going to come my way with a servent's heart and smile on my face! But, as the week went on, so did my struggles. My servent's heart waned as did the smile on my face...which has ended up looking more like a "grimace". As much as I stopped to take the time to pray and "fight" and "put on the full armor", my carnility somehow got the best of me and I broke. I broke because I took up my own crosses when God has already taken them for me. I crawled off the alter. As a "living sacrifice", it is easy to do.
Thank you Lord that your mercies are new every morning. I am been refined, pruned, peeled, plucked, and any other word you can think of using for simply, "being transformed". It hurts, and the deeper I grow, the harder the pressure and the heat comes under the tests. I am being stretched farther than I ever have before. At the end of the day and at the end of a VERY trying and testing week, one thing remains: the presence of the Lord in my life. It is all around me. He is closer, deeper, and nearer than I have ever known.
I truly feel like the call of my life is to worship through music. But God is teaching me that worshiping in the mundane activities of my repetitive life are just as important. Worshiping through my words and actions. Worshiping through my work and friendships. Sadly I say, I have missed the mark several times this week. But the beauty of my Lord is that He comes beside us, picks us up, wipes the dirt away and puts us back on the right path. Thank you Lord for this incredible journey you have me on.
No comments:
Post a Comment