Do you ever find yourself putting people on MUTE?
Seriously, do you ever listen to someone talking to you (or at you) about something and automatically your brain just goes into over drive and you find yourself watching their lips move and noise come out but you just aren’t hearing anything?
I used to think that it was my blonde highlights (which I did away with as of yesterday) and general spacyness that made me zone out like that BUT lately, not so much.
I think the MUTE button exists when God wants to speak to us....or me anyways.
Or, when He wants us to shut up and just stop talking....which I have done the past week or so....I have gone quiet.
Since I have been going to the gym, and since I have been starting my day off with worship and the Word, I have found myself hitting the MUTE button on the “chatter” during my days more and more.
I have even had several people ask me if I am “ok” or if something was bothering me. And for whatever reason I haven’t really known what to say other than, “I am fine”. Because I am. In fact, I am great. I feel great. I am not tired. I have a steady flow of energy throughout the day.
But if I am being honest, I just don’t want to hear the stuff...that’s all. The complaints, the gossip, the hearsay. Even the news. It isn’t that I don’t care; it is just that I think there are more important things the Lord wants us to get caught up in...and I don’t want to go to that place anymore. It makes me anxious and nervous all the time. And I don’t like it. So I simply have been turning a deaf ear.....literally.
Like I said in my earlier post, I feel centered. Just more focused. Maybe it is the fact that by waking up at the crack of dawn everyday (which I really love more than I dread....never thought I would say that), and having that time for “me” and getting my blood pumping and my mind focused on the right things... I don’t know...it just makes my life...my day...have a little more proper perspective...
And because of that I feel like I am hearing God’s voice louder and louder during the day and everyone else, and all the “stuff”, less and less. And it is refreshing.
Anyways, just loving the peace and quiet in my days right now. Who knows what next week holds. But for now I will simply live in this verse: “Be still and know that I am God.”
No comments:
Post a Comment