So I know my blogs have been a bit...deeper than normal...these past few weeks. Sorry for that if you are expecting funny all the time...
I have just gone through a bit of a "life slump" and this is my outlet. So, you may get funny...or elusive, deep thoughts, or nothing at all. But what I can promise you is that you will get....me....and whatever I am feeling and going through. It will be honest and raw. Whatever it may be.
So I have to tell you all though, with some encouragement from a few that read my blog here, I ventured into this meeting at church yesterday...a meeting for a ministry of "writers" starting at church. Let's just say I felt a bit...um....out of place...not knowing where I fit...intimidated by it all. I was totally in a room with "real writers"...yeah, those people with journalistic backgrounds, English majors...ect...the "technical writers"...experienced.....
*Yousers!!!...See I use words like 'yousers'...can you do that in the "real" writing world? Not to mention that spell check just told me I mispelled the word grammar...ha ha...well, now do you see what I mean? *
I found myself sitting there thinking, "What in the world am I doing in this room?"...I mean, I blog. That is about it....and I am sure if half these folks read my blog...technically and grammatically speaking....I would provide them with some serious....humor.
I am really no writer, nor have I had ANY kind of writing experience in my life. I simply write experiences. And opinions. And feelings. I write how I think. I don't think about grammar, and first person point of views, and journalistic things...I just write what the Lord puts on my heart...I write what I see. I write with a lot of passion because I am a feeler and it is, like music in my life, another form of expression for me. Sometimes it comes across funny, sometimes deep, and sometimes I probably just don't make sense to anyone but me. But I love it. Almost as much as singing....almost.
I know that my intimidation is probably...no defiantly Satan's way of keeping me from doing something I enjoy and that the Lord could possibly use to encourage others...so I admit to knowing that now. I will just call that elephant in the room out now. I acknowledge that. And I am still exploring and praying through how to proceed and "get involved" in this way. And please don't think this is a "pity me" blog...because it isn't. I just needed to spill it all out on paper...blog style paper.
I just feel like I don't know what to do with this, other than possibly send a copy of this blog to the person in charge and say, "Here, this is all I have to offer...this is what I do...now what...I ain't no writer but I like to write...can you use it?" ;-)
Pray for me. I don't want to hide behind insecurity or intimidation. If this is something the Lord wants to use further, than great. If not, I am content just simply blogging. well for now...until I can get my first book finished. :-) (j/k)
*But I really do have this idea of refining some blogs...and turning them into a book of "God lessons" for the normal person...some funny, some serious...like my life.*
Gonna stop now...before I say too much...oh wait, I can DO THAT...this is MY BLOG...MY RULES...my own cyber space to just....release words...rock on.
No comments:
Post a Comment