So, the other night Wes informed me that he saw the cutestest little mouse run along the wall and down the stairs....to which I said, "gross"...Not thinking much about it cause we live in the woods, I ASSUMED that the mouse he saw was outside the house....
It wasn't until later that evening that I put 2 and 2 together and the light bulb went off and I dare asked the question,"Wait a minute...the mouse was outside...right?"....
Wes nonchalantly said,"No, it was inside"...."and he was SO cute"
Let me interrupt this story and say that me and mice...just don't get along so much...especially when they are in my house...GROSS...
Well, it did totally confirm the "apparition" I thought I may have saw run across the floor in the laundry room but tried to not think it was a mouse last Sunday when I was doing a few loads of wash....to my dismay, that little blur I saw was true!
On our way home from work last night we stopped at Town Hardware and purchased some traps for $1.29....the good old fashioned snap-em-dead kinda traps...we got home and eagerly loaded them with peanut butter and placed them where we had seen the mouse sighting...one upstairs in the kitchen (*yucko*) and one downstairs in the laundry room....
I went to check the trap downstairs this morning and I saw blood splatter....but no trap....*UT OH!* It was then that the buyers remorse really kicked in knowing I should have spent a few more dollars on a sticky trap instead of the snap-em-dead kind....Cause apparently it snapped em, but was he indeed dead??
I looked as much as I had time for in the morning....but could not find my furry friend....And it has disturbed me all day long....Where did the mouse go? Was he dead? Where did the trap go?
When we got home, Wes found the trap....*yay!*....in our spare bedroom...with a dryer sheet attached to it....and no mouse or no mouse parts....
Now the spare bedroom door was closed so the blasted thing had to have somehow squeezed under the door...bleeding and hurt...and couldn't have gotten far....
Wes broke out the BIG mag light and we went looking....We searched over and under everything downstairs but came up empty handed...no mouse...
We saw a few droppings...and the blood splatter...but the furry little varmint seems to have been raptured....or done a REALLY good disappearing act
What I want to know is: WHERE THE HECK IS THE MOUSE??
Let's just say that my sleep will not be sound until he is found...
PS- Wes just informed me upon his nightly snack hunting, that the mouse has been making himself at home and enjoying our basket of "Smore makings" I keep in our pantry....*I think I just threw up a little thinking about it* *GROSS*
2 comments:
That was funny. You know when the anger really kicks in is when you have to clean out ALL your cabnets and wash All your dishes and still have no peace knowing that another could come at any moment and poop all over your hours of hard work. I even had to bleach my canned goods!
ha ha....Ew gross!!
I just had to throw away the smore stuff...nothing else seems to have been affected...(fingers crossed)
And, we did end up catching ONE!! but he wasn't missing any body parts so we don't know if he is the same one from the laundry room...
We got sticky traps and mouse poisen to put under the house...
HOpefully they will be gone soon!!! I can "handle" them, but just not in my kitchen!!
Post a Comment