Nothing really new to report...Been keeping busy....really busy....with work and family and friends...
Life in general has been good.
A lot of people have asked...”What is the car situation looking like?” ....Well, the car is still sitting in the driveway....it will only be a matter of time until we have enough to buy a transmission and have it put in....until then, we are just living on one car....We’ve still got to eat, and have a roof over our heads, and pay the bills...and we are still going to have a little fun....And we still have to get Wes to a wedding that he is in next month in Arizona....So, we just do the best we can until we have enough to get the car fixed...Yes, it is unfortunate, and yes it is a priority of ours....BUT, it isn’t the end of the world living on one car....frustrating at times, but not the end of the world like I originally thought.
And the mouse....well, we still have only caught ONE....BUT, as we were shifting some furniture around in our back bedroom to get it ready to paint before this weekend (I will go there in a minute), I found some “droppings”....now I don’t know if it is from the mouse that has already been, or from one that is still there....But they were droppings none the less....AND, on that disgusting note, I did find some more droppings in our pantry...*gag*....so, we continue to place the sticky traps around....and pray for us to capture them before this weekend....
What is this weekend? Well, funny you ask.... Our church is having a “ladies” retreat weekend called “The Discover Weekend”. I went to it last year....and it was great! Best ladies retreat weekend “concept” I have seen. And believe me when I say, “I have seen it all”.... (I am an event coordinator. I have seen and coordinated every KIND of ladies retreat...) The “concept” is: meet as a big group, then split into smaller groups and go to host homes for the bulk of the retreat, then meet back together as a big group at the end...it is great...fun...intimate....wonderful...and best of all, it is free....
You take a series of 3 tests (personality type, spiritual gifts, and the love languages) and they create a specialized book for your weekend....so as you “discover” yourself, you learn more about how you see and relate to God and in the process, Discover God. It is beautiful really.
Anyways, I decided at the very last minute to sign up again for the weekend. One thing led to another and I was offering our house (actually it was Wes’s idea) to be one of the host homes...and I am now a host...just details...which I love doing anyways... (Someone else will be “leading” the spiritual side of the retreat....) It has been a cool journey already of allowing the Lord to use my giftings.
SO, yes, there will be 10 lovely women coming to my house this weekend....and the more I have prayed about it and thought about it...the more excited I get....I LOVE this kind of thing...I LOVE to have people come to my house and make them feel comfortable....I love the thought of having time alone with the Lord....all while discovering myself and sharing in it with other ladies....I am SO LOOKING FORWARD TO THIS WEEKEND....And for the opportunity to serve in this way.
All that to say our “goal” is to paint the one remaining room and make it presentable...well, I kind of have to...*which I am happy about*....because I need the pull out couch bed for sleeping....and this room, has been our “stuff” room....and I am ready for it to be a functional room....So, this week we are needing to paint and find hiding places for the stuff....like maybe the trash can....*who needs it all anyways?*
And capture mice....if there are any left....
Cause I don’t want a house full of 10 ladies discovering God....and a mouse to run through the living room....although it would make for some good blogging material....
Anyways...pray for us to be diligent this week to get it all done. Pray for me to calm down and know that if I don’t get it all done, it will be ok....*I tend to want things to look perfect and have been known to get ‘in a tizzy’ and not relax until I complete the task*...
And Pray for Wes as he will be out sleeping in the woods somewhere in Montreat by himself on Friday night....having his own little personal retreat. Pray that wherever he is, he gets cell phone reception....in case there is a mouse...and he needs to come home quickly.... :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment