Monday, August 10, 2009

I wish I could get Cash for my Clunker....but my clunker just clunked...and I can't get any cash...cause it doesn't qualify....

In pure "Heather" like fashion...I am WIDE open with this blog...just a warning...

I did want to give you an update on life lately...as it has been a little bit rainy over our heads...I know there is so much "lesson" in the situations I am about to tell you about, but I am frankly all lessoned out for this year...and just am ready to have some relief...just two lessons for tonight...

Lesson #1: NEVER buy a Chrysler....PT CRUISER....so, we just had the thing happen with the timing belt right? Like um...a month ago....

Well, a few weeks ago I heard my car "wheezing" a bit one day on the way home....Wes looked it over and we drove it to small group that night where the wheezing got louder and louder...
So we promptly took it to the mechanic the next day....(learning from the last experience)
And then HE so kindly referred us to a transmission place....where they told us my catalytic converter was going bad and to fix just that would be $1800....
*gasp; I almost puked when I heard that*
So Wes and I talked it over (well, I cried...and cried...and cried) and then we talked...and we decided to take it somewhere else for another opinion...but, on the way there, during rush hour traffic...I lost my whole transmission....Yep, you heard it...lost it...got stuck in first gear...could barely get it down the road....Managed to get it to a blockbuster parking lot, where I called Wes to come get me....and I proceeded to cry the whole way home....
So, without further adieu, we got home, changed, called a tow truck and had it towed home....where it has been sitting for the last two weeks now...

I am SOOOO very angry....at the car....and a bit mad at God...yeah, I said it....just being honest....God and I talk about it daily....I just don't understand....we are really trying...we are working hard...trying to pay stuff off...but lately, we just can't catch a break...
I am tired of hearing everyone say, "be thankful for your health" and "well it could be worse"....no offense, but I get that....and I am still having a hard time with this one...and I am just learning to be really honest with the Lord....

Right now the miracle would be for that dead tree that we have the car parked under to fall and miraculously total the car....I am just not seeing "the light" at the end of this tunnel...as there is currently NO means to have the car fixed at the moment...

We have listed Wes's old truck on Craigs list in hopes of selling that...but we just keep getting the run around....and the harder I pray for it to sell....the more nothing happens on that end...so if you know anyone that wants to buy a 64 Ford Truck...we have one for sale!

Lesson #2: When you aren't feeling well....go to the doctor....
Let me start this part by saying, "NO I AM NOT PREGNANT"...(there)

But before the car thing, well, for months now I have been struggling with a myriad of things health wise...I am not the type to run to the doctor for every ache and pain but there have been a few things going on that I couldn't let go any longer....like my fatigue and inability to sleep....inability to lose weight (the harder I work out and less I eat, the more I gain...???what???), my asthma that just seems to get worse...and a constant dry/burning mouth and chapped lips....

Most of these symptoms can be from normal life like situations...and I have "talked" them away for awhile now....
But between the asthma and the mouth stuff that hasn't gone away....and some encouragement from Wes....I decided to just go...

And it was good...my doctor was helpful....and wanted to run some blood work...

Sure enough, Blood work came back and "ta DA", guess who is deficient in B12??? *I am I am!!*
Diagnosis: Injections
Frequency: once a month for 4 months...then more blood work to see if this is a lifetime thing or just a temporary thing
Start: tomorrow at 11:30- shot in the butt of liquid energy!!! whoo hoo....

I am actaully glad I went....and glad that all of what I thought was going on wasn't in my head...and ready to feel a bit better...

However, I also then went to a holistic doctor who linked ALL of these things (asthma and fatigue and b12 stuff) to Candida (yeast) overgrowth in my gut and that I need to change a lot....like for life...I need to start with a 2 week intense cleanse....

Needless to say, I am having a HARD time with it...I truly believe that she is absolutly dead on...and that conventional medicine just wants to fix the symptoms....and holistic medicine gets to the ROOT cause....but right now, it is killing me that I can't afford to take $150 worth of vitamins and acidophilis and to shop organically....We can't even fix my freaking car sitting in the driveway that I just made a payment on today....*ugh*
But I want to be healthy...and healed...so I am going to try the best I know how right now... and Cathy (holistic doctor who is AMAZING and such a strong believer) is guiding me on what to do...like take the injections because my insurance will pay for them...

Oh I am so confused...and a bit messed up right now...hopefully the renewed energy shot tomorrow WILL help with my mental state...

I earnestly covet your prayers for us on this mixed up ride....pray for encouragement for my heart as I am really waning right now....pray for God to really show up as I know only HE can right now...and pray that the Jeep stays strong for us right now...as it was "coughing" a bit on the drive home....*please Lord no more!*

5 comments:

Unknown said...

We are so right there with you. We might be willing to trade you a well pump for your clunker... ugh. Only time helps these things. What I do want you to know is that I went through the whole candida thing when Liam was one and I still have to watch it. Did the diet and all. When my teeth nearly fell out of my head I finally went to a natropath. I still have to watch what I eat because to much sugar still makes it come back. I would love to talk with you about some things that have worked well for me.
Mike is having chelation treatments because we found out that all his exaustion and sickness was from lead and arsnic poisoning!! He is also getting a weekly b12. Fortunately his insurance is covering much of the treatments. Me, if I get sick God will have to provide the healing or the money. What I tell myself is that when it rains it pours and one day it will all be water under the bridge. Please give me a call when you get a chance. Steve has our number if you don't. Love, Jennie and Mike

Janelle Flint said...

I would love to hear more about your holistic experience. Is that Cathy Stickler? We are praying about switching some things in our life, and starting these two new ones on a better path to health. I am praying for you and Wes and sorry for your "growing pains". We miss you tremendously.

Janelle

Wendy said...

Heather, no words that I can say can comfort you right now. I'm so sorry you are going through this rough time. It honestly stretches our faith...and our sanity. But, I do have faith that God is going to show Himself mighty in your life. Just keep reminding yourself of all the good things that God has done for you in the past. Focus on His goodness and Praise Him in all things...drives the ol' devil nuts! Lol! I'm reading a book that is really helping me through a lot of stuff right now...."A Different Kind of WILD!" by Debbie Alsdorf. Awesome book! If I can only apply what I have learned so far!
Sorry, I'm starting to ramble! Know that you are being prayed for and that we love you!! And prepare for God to show Himself Strong, Mighty and in Control!! God Bless!

Heather said...

thank you all for the encouragment and support...

Jennie I would love to talk with you about the Candita stuff!

Janelle, yes it is Cathy Stickler...and I have one word: GO!! she is awesome!! miss you too

Wendy, thank you for the enouragement...I can feel the prayers already

SarahJean said...

Eat lots of yogurt! It is great for your gut!!!!