So I can honestly say that I have FELT prayers this week...and my heart has been lightened...and I am so thankful for what I do have. And Wes and I are growing...closer...to Him and to each other. These are the things that stretch us and make us stronger.
I have woken up with verses on my heart each day and I wanted to share them with you....
And the biggest thing God is showing me is this: God is still God...and God is still good.
Philippians 4:11-13 (New Century Version)11 I am not telling you this because I need anything. I have learned to be satisfied with the things I have and with everything that happens.12 I know how to live when I am poor, and I know how to live when I have plenty. I have learned the secret of being happy at any time in everything that happens, when I have enough to eat and when I go hungry, when I have more than I need and when I do not have enough.13 I can do all things through Christ, because he gives me strength.
Philippians 3:12-14 (The Message) 12-14I'm not saying that I have this all together, that I have it made. But I am well on my way, reaching out for Christ, who has so wondrously reached out for me. Friends, don't get me wrong: By no means do I count myself an expert in all of this, but I've got my eye on the goal, where God is beckoning us onward—to Jesus. I'm off and running, and I'm not turning back.
Psalm 34 (New Living Translation)
[ 1 I will praise the Lord at all times. I will constantly speak his praises. 2 I will boast only in the Lord; let all who are helpless take heart. 3 Come, let us tell of the Lord’s greatness; let us exalt his name together.
4 I prayed to the Lord, and he answered me.
Psalm 30:5 (NKJV)
“...weeping and sorry may endure for a night, but JOY comes in the morning.”
PS: And I just wanted to share that a big milestone for me came this month....I have officially paid off ONE of my school loans... :-) and it was a sizeable one too...
Amen and amen.
1 comment:
You have encouraged me back. Hope we can see each other this fall.
Love, Jen
Post a Comment