**Here is the letter I sent to our supporters this morning about our plans for Nicaragua.
Hello again!
I am writing to let you all know of some "plan changes" concerning the Vision Nicaragua trip that Wes and I had signed up to be part of this August with our church. Through some circumstances with lack of support and interest, the trip sponsered by Highland has been cancelled as of last week. Needless to say, I was highly disappointed...and a bit confused.
You see, since I had sent out the first email to you all, Wes and I had doubled our deposit through support in about two weeks. God was blessing US to go. As we have grappled with "what to do" over the last week, we have decided that maybe indeed the Lord was still asking us to go. But just not in August. And not with Highland. "His ways are not our ways" most of the time. So this journey has already been quite the adventure!
Just this morning, I transferred over our funds to the VISION NICARAGUA sponsered trip December 6-13th. The december trip with VN was my first trip I partook in a few years back. It is the "Christmas Bag" distribution trip. SUCH an amazing trip to take a part in. And Wes and I are exctied to be part of it.
There are many many benefits of waiting for a few months. We already have $1500 of $3000 raised and it is only July. It leaves us a few more months to raise the rest. And while we know the holidays are ALWAYS a busy time, we are trusting the Lord to clear schedules and open the way once again.
I wanted to let you all know and say a GIANT thank you to those of you who have so graciously supported us already. If it hadn't been for your generosity, I doubt we would have signed ourselves up to go on our own accord. So God did have a plan. Thank you for being faithful! Feel free to email me with questions.
I look foward to our journey still to come.
Heather
1 comment:
So excited for you guys!
Post a Comment