So yesterday was my birthday.....and my day went a little something like this:
7:00am - I got out of the shower to a vase of birthday flowers on the table from Wes.
7:30am- Had a text on my phone from my brother Jason rubbing in the fact that I was getting older....and wishing me a Happy Birthday
8:15am- Got to work to a balloon and cake on my desk from co-workers.
8:45am- Shared my cake during our devotions
9:15am-Had several birthday cards from co-workers arriving in my office
10:00am- Got a Happy Birthday phone call from Mom....informing me that I wasn’t officially 31 until 8:10pm
11:00am-More birthday cards
11:30am- loaded up in cars to get taken out to lunch with co-workers
12:15pm- Ate until our eyes bulged
12:45pm- Waitress brought out an ice cream sundae in honor of my birthday.....so I ate some...and shared the rest....
2:00pm- Got an email from my sister-in-law wishing me a happy birthday
3:00pm- ate more cake with more people from work
5:30pm- Because of all the cake, went for a 3 mile walk with a friend
6:30pm- Got in the car to go home and had two messages from Jason and liz wishing me a Happy Birthday....talked to both of them on the way home
6:45pm- Got home to Wes cooking me a delightful birthday dinner of Salmon, rice, and veggies
7:00pm- Had a Happy Birthday phone call from Dad
7:15-8:00pm- Ate dinner and got beat by Wes in our nightly game of Jeopardy
8:15pm- Had a phone call from Brian and Danielle wishing me a happy Birthday
8:30pm- Opened my present from Wes....he gave me money to go get a pedicure....my other present was a timing belt on my car... J *For further details please refer to the previous blog about our trip to Ohio....
8:45pm- Played with Roxy while Wes fell asleep on the couch....so Roxy and I ate some MORE cake
(I’m telling you, it was a big cake....and I prayed all the calories out of it during our devotions that morning....and I walked three miles....:-) )
9:00pm- Got a phone call from my Grandma in Florida...she remembered my birthday AND how old I was....She has 17 grandchildren and 6 great grandchildren...that is IMPRESSIVE!!
10:30pm- Fell asleep with a smile on my face...because I was once again reminded of how truly blessed I am....
The End....
**and for what it's worth....we are going to Mom’s tonight to......EAT CAKE......
4 comments:
I am so glad you had a great birthday! Thank you for reliving it for us on your blog. Too bad we could not be there to celebrate with you. Sally and I got our wires crossed. There will be a belated present coming so you can extend the celebration!
Love, Steve
Happy Birthday! I hope you have another year filled with lots of love and blessings!!
I am glad you had a happy birthday. Sorry to have missed it, but I have been a little distracted lately. I love you, and hope to see you soon. Maybe we could eat cake...NOT!!!
SO glad it was so sweet! ha ha ha
Post a Comment