
I thought I woke up on time....but when I got out of the shower I realized I must have been in some kind of time warp hole because as I wandered to the coffee maker with sleep still in my eyes, I looked at the clock on the coffee maker and realized that the I only had 20 min to get dressed, dry my hair, put on makeup. Eat breakfast, make my lunch and be gone....uhhh! My fingers weren’t even wrinkled so I know I wasn’t in the shower THAT long....
And of course when it came time to get dressed it felt like my closet was out to get me....It defiantly had a mind of it’s own today....I couldn’t find the one shirt that I REALLy wanted to wear...the one I had been missing for some time and on this morning of all mornings, I decided that this was the ONLY shirt I would wear today....
*hmm, Glad Wes had already left for work or I would have heard, “Um, why don’t you just wear one of the 50 million OTHER shirts hanging in the closet??....
And of course when it came time to get dressed it felt like my closet was out to get me....It defiantly had a mind of it’s own today....I couldn’t find the one shirt that I REALLy wanted to wear...the one I had been missing for some time and on this morning of all mornings, I decided that this was the ONLY shirt I would wear today....
*hmm, Glad Wes had already left for work or I would have heard, “Um, why don’t you just wear one of the 50 million OTHER shirts hanging in the closet??....
To which my answer would be: “Because my BLUE shirt matches the Jewelry I already thought about wearing while I was in the shower with the skirt that I need to wear because I don’t want to wear pants when it is 90 degrees out”
(*even though I work in air conditioning*...
*trust me, it ALL makes sense in MY mind*.....
*frustrates my poor husband to death but he loves me just the same* :-)
So, after minutes of digging through the loads of laundry that have yet to be folded and put away, AND the laundry that is all neat and folded still sitting in the laundry basket in the living room....I duke it out with my dresser, and find that shirt wedged in the back of my sock drawer....Of Course....right where I put it! *I LOVE my blue shirt today*
Next came the shoes.... I went to put on the ONLY pair of shoes that matched my outfit.....and I could only find one shoe....*Oye VEY!*.....note to self: buy a shoe rack so the closet floor will stop swallowing my shoes....I have THIS battle every morning because of the mound of heels on my closet floor....so this was almost expected....I said almost.....
Of course due to this frustrating wardrobe malfunction, I am left to throw some cereal in a bag to eat as I drive down the road....and I am forced to fix my lunch really fast...to which I say, “ut oh!”....to be honest with you, I have no idea what I put in there....the first thing I found in the fridge....I think I may end up having some almonds, tomatoes, and onions...with a side of feta cheese...and no lettuce....My intention was a salad....but that was as far as my half caffeinated brain could get me before I would be late for work.....
I don’t know if it was my imagination or if she really did this, but after flying around like a raccoon with rabies I could have sworn that Roxy rolled her eyes at me....
*hmm...may need to call the doctor about that one*
Finally I get in the car and seriously as soon as I hit the road it felt as if EVERYONE was riding my bumper...I kept looking down thinking, “Am I truly going the speed of an 80 year old or is everyone else just being REALLY impatient?”
I proceeded to merge onto I40 where... it wasn’t much different....people were FLYING....A car would pass and minutes later I would hear it.... (*For those of you that have never watched a space shuttle take off that would mean that they were traveling faster than the speed of sound....I know, a bit exaggerated, but you catch the drift!)
IT was as if I was on some kind of sick race track ....A race where the winner gets *ta da!* 8 hours of work in a stuffy office!!! Whoo hoo, Don’t you want to be standing in the winners circle on that one? .....I wanted to just roll down the window and yell, “SLOW DOWN!!!”....”The later you get to work, the fewer phone calls I will have to answer once I get there!!”
I think I need a vacation....
And a massage.....
But for now, I think I will settle on some Starbucks....and a tranquilizer pill....
So, after minutes of digging through the loads of laundry that have yet to be folded and put away, AND the laundry that is all neat and folded still sitting in the laundry basket in the living room....I duke it out with my dresser, and find that shirt wedged in the back of my sock drawer....Of Course....right where I put it! *I LOVE my blue shirt today*
Next came the shoes.... I went to put on the ONLY pair of shoes that matched my outfit.....and I could only find one shoe....*Oye VEY!*.....note to self: buy a shoe rack so the closet floor will stop swallowing my shoes....I have THIS battle every morning because of the mound of heels on my closet floor....so this was almost expected....I said almost.....
Of course due to this frustrating wardrobe malfunction, I am left to throw some cereal in a bag to eat as I drive down the road....and I am forced to fix my lunch really fast...to which I say, “ut oh!”....to be honest with you, I have no idea what I put in there....the first thing I found in the fridge....I think I may end up having some almonds, tomatoes, and onions...with a side of feta cheese...and no lettuce....My intention was a salad....but that was as far as my half caffeinated brain could get me before I would be late for work.....
I don’t know if it was my imagination or if she really did this, but after flying around like a raccoon with rabies I could have sworn that Roxy rolled her eyes at me....
*hmm...may need to call the doctor about that one*
Finally I get in the car and seriously as soon as I hit the road it felt as if EVERYONE was riding my bumper...I kept looking down thinking, “Am I truly going the speed of an 80 year old or is everyone else just being REALLY impatient?”
I proceeded to merge onto I40 where... it wasn’t much different....people were FLYING....A car would pass and minutes later I would hear it.... (*For those of you that have never watched a space shuttle take off that would mean that they were traveling faster than the speed of sound....I know, a bit exaggerated, but you catch the drift!)
IT was as if I was on some kind of sick race track ....A race where the winner gets *ta da!* 8 hours of work in a stuffy office!!! Whoo hoo, Don’t you want to be standing in the winners circle on that one? .....I wanted to just roll down the window and yell, “SLOW DOWN!!!”....”The later you get to work, the fewer phone calls I will have to answer once I get there!!”
I think I need a vacation....
And a massage.....
But for now, I think I will settle on some Starbucks....and a tranquilizer pill....
No comments:
Post a Comment