Tuesday, June 07, 2011

Rediscovering a lost love....








There was a time, not too long ago, where picture taking was my release...something I loved. But as life got busy and everyone else around me screamed, "I am a photographer!!!", I seemed to put it down and put it away.

I just thought, "I don't want this to be competition; or an occupation; or who I am; or what I am"....it is just a hobby for me. Something I enjoy doing.

This past week I seemed to rediscover how much I like to shoot. Shoot things and people and places.

I have no fancy camera. Just a small point and shoot. I have no fancy editing programs on my computer. Just my own perspective.

I used to only shoot with film. I thought people who shot with digital cameras and edited their photos were cheating. I still kinda do. The challenge in taking a picture lies in capturing what you see in the present. Not taking a so so picture and souping it up with your fancy program.

It is about like a bad singer producing a really good album...then when you go and hear them live in concert, you realize how bad of a voice they really do have and how much work was done in the studio.

Anyways, enough ranting....this week I definatly rediscovered a love of mine. And how much I want a good SLR camera. Ut oh...

No comments: