I used to read....a lot...
But in the past few years, reading has been down on my list of 'hobbies'.
Until recently. I seem to devour books now. Like I used to. I love it. I have a few book suggestions for those of you looking for something good.
The week after my D&C, I took a sick day because I just was lacking in energy and couldn't deal with life going back to the pace it was going. And I needed to be at home...resting, praying, and reading...
I had ordered the book, "Choosing to See" by MaryBeth Chapman on Amazon and had gotten it in the mail the day before. I sat on the couch and read the book cover to cover that day. Needless to say, it comes highly recommended.
BUT the book that is shaking my world right now is one that was sent to me from my dear dear friend who lives on the other side of the world. Thank you Heather Hammond for loving me from a distance with the gift of this precious book.
"One Thousand Gifts" by Ann Voskamp.
I read the first chapter several weeks ago and then put the book down. There is so much to chew on and I wasn't quite ready for the content of the book at that time.
I have recently picked it back up....and I am soooo ready now. So good. And I just wanted to share the title.
No comments:
Post a Comment