
We took Sat night to celebrate our Anniversary over a nice dinner....We had just watched an episode of "Man Vs Food" on the Travel Channel where he went to Charleston SC and visited the Hominy Grill. Oh man. I have had dreams about this place since eating there. It is def. an "off the beaten path" type
restaurant...but some of the most AMAZING southern fare I have ever had.

When we arrived, we were told that because we didn't have reservations it would be about a 30 min wait. Not bad as this was where we got to enjoy one
anothers company....(and we only had to wait about 10 min)

I think Wes got a bit
embarrassed at my picture taking of this place, but I just had to try and get it visually....it was so quaint. AND, we were blessed with a small,
lantern lit, table for 2 out on the back patio....(Wes and I think that is where all us rebels who don't make reservations are put)It was a perfect, romantic, wonderful DATE!

Again, beautiful and amazing southern food.

Told you it was cool....

AND, if you have ever watched Man vs Food....well, here is his picture....(on the bathroom wall)

We went downtown to walk off our dinner afterwards....I love the US Custom House at night...

Got some free Praline samples in the candy store...they were still warm.

And finally, topped it off with fresh made waffle cones from Ben and Jerry's....They were gone before I could get a picture....:-) But they were good!
No comments:
Post a Comment