(1.) Wes and I are doing great. As winter fades away and spring time comes in, we both are breathing a sigh of relief and enjoying the sunshine. Well, we are REALLY thankful to once again be able to drive up our driveway, to enjoy being outside, to not have to drive to work in 4wheel, to "retire" the snow shovel for the season...It is the little things, you know?
(2.) And...Speaking of sunshine....We are about to celebrate Anniversary #2 in Charleston SC this coming weekend! I just checked weather.com and the forecast is 70 and sunny the whole weekend. I can’t wait. I need a vacation. WE need a vacation. Just to take a break and get away from stuff.
We will leave early Friday morning and drive straight to the beach where this chic is going to plop herself down on the sand, lather on some suntan oil with sunscreen in it (of course) , soak up some Vitamin D, and just breathe in the sights and sounds and smells of the beach. Ahhh....that is probably my most favorite place to be. The beach. Especially with Wes. Just us. Hanging out.
I also love that when we do our little weekend excursion, we go exploring. I have only been to Charleston once. And I love the city. Good food. Fun shopping. Such amazing history. It will be fun to explore it with Wes. We tend to be "off the beaten path" kinda folks so I am sure I will come back with some stories.
It is a MUCH needed break from life for the both of us. We have decided that each year, on our anniversary, we are going to take the weekend and truly celebrate us. A mini-honeymoon of sorts. “Us” is worth that. And I know that we are going to have to fight to keep that going as life continues to bring us into new situations, but it will be worth the fight. I pray we never loose that battle and give a zillion and one excuses as to why we shouldn’t. the money, the kids, the time. It doesn't always have to be expensive, if we can find a sitter for the dog I am sure we can find a sitter for the kids, and no thing in this world is worth not making time for your spouse. There. I said it.
(3.)Jewelry business is going GREAT! Better than I thought it would. I am booking shows left and right. Trying to balance it between work, home, and extracurricular things poses an interesting challenge but right now, I am managing and REALLY loving the added income it is providing. And, the shows that I am loving the most are the ones that I give away half my profit to someone going overseas for a stint. Seriously, it has been awesome to watch what the Lord is doing in me and in the other person. Plus I am aquiring some beautiful new jewerly...strictly for business purposes. (*snicker...ha ha*)
(4.) I have to also mention, in the same breath that it has been a really weird few months. To say the least. I have had friends loosing people close to them suddenly, cancer diagnosis’s, babies being born pre-maturely, job loss, you name it....I have heard it. All around me. Like little bombs going off in peoples worlds and I am just on the outside of all their tragedy looking in. Praying for them. Encouraging. Feeding them. Just...listening. It seriously had felt like for awhile, every time a friend called or wrote it was to ask for prayer because of tragedy in their life. It has challenged me to re-evaluate my own life. Mend the wounded spots. Confront those things that need to be dealt with. Life is fleeting for sure and just too short to get caught up in the silliness that drives us apart. So on one hand it has been good. But on the other, just a bit....strange.
(5.) And Lastly, family is good. No Great. We are blessed and surrounded on both sides by so much love. That is all I can say. Just blessed
That is it for now. I wish I had some good stories to tell but nothing comes to mind at the moment. Hope all my friends are well. Love my blog readers.
No comments:
Post a Comment