Tuesday, August 12, 2008

We intrupt your reguraly scheduled program for an important "Weather Update"...

We are Pregnant! ....no, HA, just kidding...We got a puppy! HA! Nope, not that either...

NOW THAT I HAVE YOUR ATTENTION....:-) It has been a few weeks since I last updated so I thought I would just fill you in. We are fine. No major announcements. No sickness. Nothing breaking. No toilet repairs. Just been easy going for the last little bit.
I find that I am compelled to write more when life is extra good…or….extra frustrating. But when all is, shall I say, normal, the desire to write isn't there as much...

So I guess I will just fill you in on what we have we been up to lately…

For starters, we have been attending a new church. It meets downtown, in a club. (At the Orange Peel…for those of you Ashevillians) “Highland Christian Church” We love the worship, the teaching, and meeting new people. We attended a small group this past week and loved it.
I have to tell you all that our souls are no longer in a “drought”…God is renewing a new spirit within both of us. Wes and I simply needed a change. A new perspective, that’s all. It is hard when you have grown up in church your whole life like we both have, to get “numb” to God and church and Christianity as a whole. We were both feeling a bit stagnant this last year. Serving and working out of obligation instead of calling. The passion had died. And we needed to move. To change. To walk into a new place. Unfortunately, my resistance to change caused us to stay in that stagnation a bit longer than we needed to, but now that we are venturing into this new place, I can clearly see the hand of God working, leading, guiding, and directing…
I just know that this is all part of a bigger picture for the Waldorf’s. I feel that excitement stirring again as Wes and I are walking forward discovering God together. I think, no, I know that God has big things in store for us. And this has just been a portion of the stepping stones in our life. So we are walking on!

I cut my hair...it is short again. Wedding hair is gone and I am back to my funky bob cut and cute highlights...which leads me to the next thing we have been up to….We have been taking time on the weekends to explore in our Jeep, “aka” ‘Scooter’. We take the top off Scooter and cruise. It is so much fun. Every time we are in the Jeep I feel like we are Malibu Ken and Barbie. (Wes hates it when I say that..) I was a bit concerned when we got it that the Wrangler wouldn’t be exactly “functional”, however I am quickly realizing that it can be as functional as you want to make it. I don’t think we will ever be without one now!
The only downside to riding from place to place with the top off is that by the time we make it to our destination; my cute new short haircut is no longer cute. Let’s just say that the wind gives my hair a lot of added VOLUME! I will try to take before/after pictures next time…It is quite funny. But I am learning to let that “vain” part of me go and just enjoy the wind and hair blowing in my face…HA!

We have met a new couple and have spent some time getting to know them. It is a LONG story how we met them, I just know that they have been brought into our lives in a way that only God could do. It is funny when you get married how you begin to “date” around. I don’t mean that in a bad way. You simply look for those other couples to go and do things with who are walking through the same stage of life as you and have similar interests. I believe we have found a good fit, and we are having fun making new friendships!

And lastly, we had a good time in GA this past weekend visiting with Wes’s sister, her husband, our nephew, and Wes’s mom. It feels like we spent a lot more time in the car than actually visiting, but you take what you can and try to make the most of the time!

So there you have it. A Wes and Heather update, or, as we are called by our friends, “Weather” update. Pictures soon to follow!
Peace out.

2 comments:

Janelle Flint said...

Glad to hear that this latest "weather" update is sunny!! Oh how my heart smiles when I read of God's work in your lives. I do miss you both, but I know we are just a cup of coffee away. I am hoping to call you soon. Give Wes our love.

In Him,

Janelle

heatherwaldorf said...

Thank you Janelle. It is sunny right now. We miss you too! We are just a phone call or coffee date away so when you get some time, give me a ring...
Much love,
H