And it catches fish very well...The hiking trail at Dupont was pretty busy that day and I was constantly getting people that would stop and comment on my fishing pole...I began to feel like a bit of "freak show"...However, I AM very confident in my "girly-ness" yet knowing that I can wade in the river and pull in trout with the best of them...I have learned over my life to celebrate who I truly am in all areas. I like pink. I am a girl. I like my nails and hair done and spas and malls...but I also like sports, and camping and fishing and getting dirty...You can have both. We have video of me when I was a little girl playing tackle football with the boys in a bluejean skirt, jellies, and a purse wrapped around my neck. Not much has changed. :-) Now finding "pink" boy things like pocket knives, guns, and cammo has become somewhat of a "trademark" of mine...Wes is the one that found me the pole...he is always on the lookout for "pink" colored anything...:-)
No comments:
Post a Comment