My dear sweet friends from GA lost their precious "mamsie" and mom yesterday to a long battle with cancer. My heart breaks for their loss of such an amazing woman here on earth yet rejoices in the fact that she is sitting in the arms of the Father in Heaven looking down, perfectly healed.
As my sweet H is traveling over the ocean right now with her amazing little family, I can only imagine the longing to just be near her family right now. The family bond that the Burton/Hammond family have with one another reminds me of my own and it breaks my heart to think of loosing someone I loved so much and had such a special bond with.
As I woke up this morning with a heavyness on my heart for Heather, God brought this verse to mind out of Psalm 121: 1-2 "I will lift up my eyes to the hills, from where shall my help come? My help comes from the Lord, who made Heaven and Earth". I know that there is a grieving in H's heart right now as she was not able to physically be with her mom when she ran to the arms of Jesus. Please pray for her. Pray for her heart. That grace sustains her every thought. That peace rules in her mind. That the "what ifs" and "maybes" will all fade away and that she will be able to rest in perfect contentment of decisions made.
Pray for the Burton family. They are a beautiful picture of God's love for his children here on earth and blessed in so many ways. Pray for Heather and Chad and their three little ones as they are someone over the ocean right now trying to get to family as quickly as possible. They are loved dearly by many people and I know that they will be carried home on the prayers of those that have been touched by their lives.
I am blessed to call these people my friends and I look foward to celebrating in the life of Cheryl with them on Sunday.
No comments:
Post a Comment