"...There is a niche which only we can fill, a crown which only we can wear, music which only we can waken, service which only we can render. God knows what these are, and He is giving us opportunities to prepare for them. Life is our schoolhouse. Its rooms may be bare, but they are littered with opportunities of becoming fit for our great inheritance." F.B. Meyer
Thursday, April 17, 2008
Peace
I write this blog with a heart full of peace, praise, gratitude, and overwhelming joy….And with a new name. Mrs. Heather Waldorf. We did it!
Everything surrounding the wedding still seems a bit like a blur. By the time the rehearsal hit Friday night I couldn’t even seem to make clear thoughts to process all the questions coming my direction. Somehow I got through it…and after some sweet time alone with my family that night getting some aggression out playing Wii boxing and Wii bowling, and a much needed nights rest of peaceful sleep, I woke up the morning of April 5th, 2008 with a peace in my heart that words cannot begin to explain.
I spent most of the morning reading Psalm after Psalm, praising God for this day. I had precious moments that I will remember the rest of my life over a really good cup of coffee with my brothers and amazing sisters-in-law that morning. I had overwhelming peace in my heart.
The presence of the Lord encamped around me and Wes that day in a way that chokes both of us up to even talk about still. We were more than ready. I had such peace that passes all understanding. As the church doors opened and my dad at my side, I remember just staring straight into Wes’s teary eyes as I made that walk toward him and my heart began to worship. We worshiped that day in a way I have never worshiped before. The presence of the Holy Spirit was thick in that place.
Wes’s dad did an AMAZING job with the ceremony. The best wedding I have ever been to. It was sacred and holy and full of the Lord. I couldn’t have asked for a more perfect ceremony. I remember every moment. I remember the vows. The tears. The prayers. The smiles and the laughter. The precious time of communion. Everything. Clear as day. Forever etched in my memory. Time stopped and God’s glory came down and filled that place.
And just like that, before I knew it, we were greeting our guests, eating dinner, laughing, dancing, cutting cake, saying our teary goodbyes and thank yous and running through a canopy of sparklers. As we drove away to the sound of mountain dew bottles strung from the back of our decorated car, we once again experienced the quiet peace of the Lord saying to both of us, “Well done, good and faithful servants”. I believe that God is glorified when we his children find each other and act in obedience. God’s love and purpose for us has a new meaning with fresh eyes and fresh vision of our future. We are One. And it is the most beautiful and God amazing thing I have experienced in my life thus far.
I will be blogging for sure all the fun we had on our honeymoon…which truly was a bit of Paradise…some funny stories surrounding the days before the wedding with lots of pictures. But I wanted to start out my most recent journey in sharing my heart with you about that day. About the Lord and about how He was glorified that day. Marriage is a celebration of souls…a treasure worth waiting for. And I have waited a long time.
Thank you to everyone that participated in any way, shape, or form to our celebration. We can never be able to repay the kindness of our friends and family that took part in making it what it was. It has humbled our souls. Just know that you are loved beyond words. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.
Heather
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment