Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Changing of the seasons

So I lied…Still haven’t seen pictures from the wedding yet…the memory is quickly fading from my mind….(j/k) As soon as I see some pictures, I will post some…I promise.

Let’s see, what’s new? Nothing really to report on of any interest. Fall is coming…and with the change in temperature, there has been a constant reminder for me of my life at this time last year. This was the time that everything for me changed. Dramatically.

November 5th marks the 1 year anniversary of the “single girl” chapter of my life closing. Never did I think that it would happen when it happened, like it happened. I really was not expecting it. But when I finally released control of my fears to allow someone into my life, God was able to do some pretty amazing things in me and through Wes.

This past year has been amazing. So good. Hard at times, but SO worth it. I never thought that my life would transition like it did. I never thought that I would experience such vulnerability and such true unconditional love like I have. It is a love different than love given by parents or close friends. It is an indescribable love. I wanted it. I prayed for it. But when it happened, I found it hard to truly convince myself that I deserved it.

Those in relationships or married right now, never take that for granted. Always remember the beginning. Always remember to say ‘thank you’ and ‘I love you’. Always take time for each other. Always put the other first. I know I sound like an old married woman, and I know that I am not. But I have found that because I spent most of my 20’s as a single woman who supported herself, there is a lot about finally having someone in my life that I take for granted a lot less than others I have seen.

And for those who are single and looking…stop. Stop striving. Stop trying to make things happen. Focus on the Lord. Focus on enjoying life and basking in your singleness. Believe me, I know the loneliness. I understand the sleepless night lying in bed wondering if I will ever find someone who will love me. I remember getting mad at God for my “single lot” in life. I remember feeling sorry for myself. My advice to you is this…. Just “Be still and know that He is God”…because when it happens, your life will never be the same.

If I would have it to do over again, I wouldn’t change a thing. Sure there have been issues to work through, walls to come down, and mistakes to overcome. But there is with any relationship. This man that God brought into my life has been the first and only person in my life that has ever truly looked at me and asked me what I wanted out of life….instead of telling me what I want. I know that he would give me the world if he could. He has seen my shortcomings and failures and loved me more. Such a cool picture of how God loves us.

I will never understand it. But I will receive it. I have never loved someone as much as I love him.

1 comment:

Janelle Flint said...

Heather, it completely shows how much you love him and vice versa. That in itself is an inspiration and an encouragement to all around you. What you and Wes have is definitely from God and it blesses me to see two wonderful people so happy. Thanks for sharing your love and your life with us. Thanks also for the reminder to love deeply, transparently and completely. Happy Fall and Happy "Anniversary".