Wednesday, September 12, 2007

We went, we witnessed, they wed...the end.

For the faithful few that actually read my blog, I know you must be wondering how the wedding went...Well, all I can say is that it is official. They are hitched. Back from their honeymoon, and settling back into “real life”. They are good.

The wedding was so smooth. Went off without a glitch really. Danielle was one of the coolest, calmest, most laid back brides I have ever seen. She was so ready. And Beautiful!! My brother is a good looking guy but I must say that she outshined him in beauty!! Which is how it should be….he married up… Most men do. I am just saying… :-)

At the rehearsal the night before, we all were crying like babies. It was quite humorous really. Everyone from the bridal party to parents to grandparents…we all had our tissues out and it was only the practice!

I can still see the look on Brian’s face when those back doors opened and Danielle started walking down the isle. The tears flowed, and he was radiating. It was a sweet moment that none of us will forget.

The song went well and I didn’t cry. My knees were shaking but God gave me the strength to sing without a quiver. THAT was the Lord.

The rest of it was what it should have been….a PARTY!! Starting with the party bus that took us from the church to the reception! Dinner was great. We all danced until our feet were about to fall off. Toasts were made. Slideshow was shown. Cake was cut. Garter thrown. Bouquet tossed. And finally they exited to being showered with bubbles and silly string…(they didn’t know about the silly string…wouldn’t recommend it…got a bit messy)

And then….just like that….it was over. I went home completely exhausted!! I sat stunned at how much planning and preparation it took for those few moments in time. And then….just like that….it was over. Amazing…but so worth all of it.

When I actually see the 1000 pictures that were taken, I will be post a few…

Oh yeah, for those that know about my spray painted shoes…when I took my shoes off, the bottoms of my feet were indeed of a silver hue. Oh well, at least no one ever saw the bottoms of my feet!! :-)

1 comment:

Janelle Flint said...

I am so happy that things went well. I thought of Brian and his wife again today as I played/sang in a wedding. I am so glad for you and your family. It is exciting when God shows himself in such a beautfiul way as to grace his people with his presence and to shower his love on them by allowing them to experience marital love. I will be praying for your brother and sister-in-law.