I have tried to be diligent lately about working out. I have to say it is one area of life that is so HARD to get started and keep consistent not because of lack of desire to do so….well, ok, my nose just grew a bit…SOMETIMES not out of lack of desire to do so, but out of being TOO DARN BUSY and letting everything else get shoved in front of the thing I need to do the most!
Take yesterday for example. I went home from work with a purpose to go get my clothes on and go run. I had just happened to get paid yesterday so I needed to go to the bank to pull out money for my “new” budget process. (Paying with cash for everything takes more work than the debit card…that is why it is working…but it def takes some planning) I needed to also go to the grocery store since I was on the verge of having to eat tuna for breakfast WITHOUT coffee (*gasp!*) and using leaves for…well, you get the point. I had to go over to my parents to pick up some mail because the mail carrier constantly is delivering my mail to their house even after I have called the office about three times now…I have just given up…
Well, I got stuck over there…talking….which is my own fault…but my brother stopped by and we got on the subject of the wedding…and well, there went the time. SO, I FINALLY get back to my house, and at this point I was conviently trying to talk myself out of running because now I only had two hours left before bible study, still needed to go to the bank, and the store, and at some point eat, and stop by Wes’ house to pick something up…on top of driving out to Black mountain….so stress was beginning to set in and running seemed to be the easiest thing to “throw out”.
But when I got back in my room and saw my very straight bridesmaid dress hanging on the back of the door that I have to wear in my brothers wedding in a month, I suddenly got the urge to run again…so I quickly changed, ate half a peanut butter sandwich (dinner…checked off the list!), hopped in the car, decided to NOT go to the bank until today (Checked off the list!), and drove….straight down 70….to go run….
And I did…I ran...and ran…and walked…and ran some more….what a release it was to just go and sweat….clear my head of all the things I needed to do and breathe heavy for a bit….because of my shortened time frame I wasn’t able to go for long, but I got back in my car after about 30 min with the BIGGEST sense of release and accomplishment…
AND It was SO worth it….it always is…And everything else just fell into place….no stress; it just all seemed so much more manageable in a weird way…I just felt good...Off to Wes’ house (check!), off to the store with the little bit of cash I had in my wallet (check!) (I was DETERMINED NOT to use my debit card…and I didn’t) , and off to bible study…
I woke up this morning feeling so good…physically feeling good…had a GREAT cup of coffee WITH normal breakfast food…didn’t have to use leaves…have a REALLY good lunch to look forward to…And well…just content….
Then it dawned on me as I was on my way to work today… about how often I do the same thing with God…I try to put SO MANY other things in front of Him in an effort to cram it all in, when really, HE is the one thing that I SHOULD be spending all my time with…and when I make an effort to do that, everything else just happens…my head is cleared and my heart is at ease…Priority…that is what it is…putting my priorities in line…Much easier said than done…but defiantly an area that seems to be getting some needed attention in my life…
Anyways…that is it…that is all…just feeling good today…and wanted to write about it...
The end
**Sorry, this got real long and I got a bit preachy at the end…but it is my blog…and no one is probably still reading this by now…so I can make it however long and preachy that I want…
No comments:
Post a Comment