Wednesday, August 22, 2007

"Dum, dum, dumdum..."

Oh my…as my brothers wedding draws closer and closer, it gets more and more evident to me that when I get married, a small $50 chapel wedding with Elvis as the officiate seems like a nice breath of fresh air!

Wedding Madness is felt by all right now....here is just a "brief" overview:


**In an attempt to find cheap silver shoes to match my periwinkle bridesmaid dress that still fit within my budget, Wes came up with the brilliant idea of taking one of my 50 pairs of shoes that I ALREADY own and buy a can of silver spraypaint and well....yeah, Ta DA! So I did it...And you know what? It WORKED!!! ANd I am SO happy...And hopefully the paint will not come off on my sweaty feet during the wedding...not sure how it will work, but they look good now!

**I got a call the other day from Danielles mom to help locate floating candles for the reception that last 6 hours instead of 3....all of hers kept burning out and weren't working right...never trust the candle labels!

**Mom and Brian need me to find a song for them to dance to at the reception. *Any suggestions?*

**I have to get the final song I am to sing rehersed and memorized this week. OF COURSE I picked the song that has A LOT OF WORDS...geeze!

**I went out to where the rehersal dinner will be and counted tables for Mom so she can know how many centerpieces to decorate with...or should I say, how many centerpieces I WILL GET ROPED INTO HELPING HER MAKE...I tried to convince her that a simple flower and candle will be sufficient...but it didn't work...you just have to know MOM...she likes for everything to be VERY PRETTY....and my ideas usually aren't pretty enough! Ha! Come on, your talking to the girl that just spray painted her shoes! Kinda redneck, don't ya think? hee hee

**My house needs some SERIOUS attention since I think I have a few family members staying with me...and I am sure they would like clean sheets and a clean shower...

**Salads are getting really old and I would love to eventually eat dinner again...but I have now lost 7 pounds as of yesterday and my bridesmaid dress feels really "breatheable" now...

**Running in 90 degree heat has been oh so fun...but I do feel better...and not quite as flabby...think I will keep that up!

**Still looking ahead to hair appointments, nails, bachellorette parties...my family getting here...

Seriously, it has been a bit crazy...and it is only about to get crazier!

But what a day….a very special day….and an honor to stand up for him and to be part of....when I sit down to think about what will take place a week from Sat at 4:00 in the afternoon, my heart gets nervous, excited, and so happy for Brian. It baffles my mind to think that my little brother is ‘tying the knot’. He has a house, with a mortgage, a job with big responsibilities, and soon he will have a wife to take care of.

I am glad I am a woman….

I just got off the phone with him…and he is getting excited. As he should be. Ready for the big day. Ready for family to come and for it all to seem “real”. Up till now it has been “planning”, lists, addresses, flowers, tuxes, food, cake, missing DJ’s, showers….and the list goes on…BUT now, the time is here. The time is here to stand before God and everyone and make a life long commitment to ONE person for the rest of his life.

Praise God….

I am so excited…and nervous….for him…it makes me cry...

I am sure I will be a big emotional mess on that day....and hopefully I will be able to choke through singing the song...

And it makes me excited to think that soon, my time is coming...
And to that, I have one thing to say: “Long live the KING”!

*Thank you, thank you very much.."

1 comment:

Janelle Flint said...

I can't WAIT to see the shoes!!! That is so awesome!!! Did you get my message about a song suggestion? I pray that this wedding is as beautiful as it sounds it is going to be. Your singing (and Lori's) will be a blessing to the bride and groom. Thanks as always for sharing your heart.