My perspective has shifted today as I have thought about our “Animal Planet” reality show we have recently been living in.I am beginning to think that maybe my prayers for “having a farm” one day need to be a bit more specific with the Lord.
I realized today that the term “farm” can look several ways.
My “farm” at the moment consists of :
*one very spoiled, fat, and happy, wonderful mutt of a dog,
*5 very ADD chickens who are now coming to me when I call them,
*tons of nasty crows who sit and "cawww" and eat all the pretty birds food in the feeders and make a mess of my front deck,
*kamikaze squirrels (or soon to be dead squirrels) who find it funny to throw nuts from high places at me and my vehicle that looks like it went through an awful hail storm, (I have bruises and so do my car),
*Raccoons who like to try and weasel their way into the chicken coop causing me to spend an ENTIRE Sat building Fort Knox so it won’t happen again (complete with a sprinkling of cayenne pepper around the outside for added re-enforcement...a natural deterrent...Roxy only took one lick and left it alone :-) ) ,
*bunnies that live under our deck and drive the dog nuts as she hasn't been able to successfully capture one yet,
*and now....the “Three Little Bears” (or One big mama and her cubs) who have taken a fancy to feasting in our choke cherry trees nightly....(and as the picture today reveals...in the AM as well)
Not to mention the wild raspberry bushes full of blooms, tomato and pepper plants in pots at the only spot in the yard that will get enough sun to hopefully make them grow, and some growing blueberry bushes....
So yes Lord....Let me one day have land where I can have a farm full of vegetation and animals...
Oh wait....I believe my prayers have been answered.
No comments:
Post a Comment