Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Update

Well well...it has been awhile since I have simply just written and “update” as to how Wes and heather are doing in the normal, everyday, life of work, love, and friends...So I thought I would catch you all up....or as they say in the south, “ Ketch Ya’ll up”.

As my previous posts have stated, our trip to Nicaragua has defiantly shaken us up from our “normal” thoughts on “normal life”...I am glad to say that weeks later, we are still....broken...and have a deep longing to eventually return. But for now, we have decorated our house with Nicaragua... pictures of faces hang over our mantle...the smoking volcano is on our wall...the sugar bowl in the kitchen....these all remind us daily to pray... and we do. And I honestly believe God has changed our hearts...Wes and Heather’s hearts have become more grateful and honest and gentle....not as critical and harsh and hard as we used to be....

(*Gosh...that just made us sound like Grinch’s...which we weren’t....but we kind of were in our thought process...everyone is....anyways, hopefully you get my point!*)

So, yeah, as Christmas and the holidays came to a close.... the reality of life and work has started back for the both of us...with a bang...and while life can seem mundane in all its repetitiveness, and we have struggled with that more now than ever before....there has been a deep sense in both our hearts that this is the year of different...of change....What? We have no clue. But there is defiantly a stirring. A deep stirring.

The biggest “change” or “new” thing to come into our lives right now is that I have recently taken on a second job of sorts to try and pay off my car and a few other things within the year. But as this job is ‘different’ from the day to day, I am discovering God blessing me with a whole new world of ministry....through this “job”....that doesn’t really feel like a job.... Because I am ministering to women....and using part of what I am making to help those looking to go on short term mission trips. A whole new world of ministry that God is kind of bringing me into...and pressing down upon my heart...

I have joined in with a company called Premier Designs Jewelry. I would love to tell you the FULL story of how God...yes God...has led me to this, but it would take hours....hours that I really don’t have right now. So let’s have coffee sometime and I will share. I can tell you that Premier is founded on the Word of God, biblical principles, and the idea of serving others and I am proud to be part of a company where I can use that as a platform.

And I can tell you that it is FUN! Who wouldn’t want to get together for a girl party where all you do is eat dessert, shop for jewelry, and encourage one another? And actually, guys can get in on the action too....Wes had a party (for me) right around Christmas time where guys came over and ate my buffalo cheese dip, watched football, and at halftime, Christmas shopped for their wives....uh, it was a winner for all the girls that got those Christmas presents! (Me included!) AND it totally scored points with their wives...It is a win win for both parties....

But more than the extra cash to pay some stuff off, (which is GREAT by the way) I have discovered a whole new world of....women who just need encouragement....women who just need someone to say their name and who need a bit of lovin’ on....women who need to be invited to a party....I am able to mentor other girls....on top of being mentored....I am discovering how many women are never told that they are beautiful...that they have value....and while a home Jewelry party seems like a superficial type of thing, right now, for me, it has opened up a whole new avenue to meet, evangelize, and minister. Whether they buy or not, my prayer has been to have each lady walk away knowing their value in Christ.
*oh! I could go on and on....but I will stop...but I am SO excited!*

And relating that into Wes and I and where we are in marriage and in our life....it is a good balance to “us” in being “us”....through some conversations at Christmas time, Wes and I have re-discovered some things about ourselves that we already knew but weren’t really putting into practice.

Things like: Wes needs his man time in the garage to build things *grunt*...get dirty.. *grunt*...work on his motorcycle *grunt*...or go for a bike ride *grunt*...or go for a run....*grunt*....Time where he has time....time to think...be alone...be quiet...”re-set” his mind....Time where he doesn’t feel like he has to rush through this activity because I am home, or inside cleaning or cooking....and he needs to finish so he can come help me, or spend time with me....because let’s face it, we like each other...being around each other...we are best friends...and we are usually together at home...doing something...but because of that, sometimes we don’t recognize those things in ourselves that we need for just ourselves...

So we can get cranky....and irritable... and we really struggle to know why....well, it’s because we aren’t able to have “our” time to re-focus...re-center ourselves...let me tell you, that is time worth fighting for....valuable time. Not ALL the time, but it makes our time together have a lot more “quality” to it.

And while I LOVE...really love being with Wes on the bike or in the woods, I have been lacking in the girl time....I need some pure, unadulterated, chick talk....time where it is just the ladies...doing lady like things....where there is talking and conversation....communication....

*well, scattered, girly communication....you know, the kind of conversations that go from one topic to the next with no particular rhyme or reason....the kind of conversation that usually only GIRLS understand...yeah, sometimes Wes looks at me like I am out of my mind when I start talking...because I jump...from topic to topic....all the while, he is just trying to figure out if I am still talking about the salad I had for lunch or the person at church that needs prayer because their friend just died....yeah, THAT kind of mind stirring conversation...where I don’t get an eye roll or a dazed and confused look..*

Basic Extrovert/ Introvert Man/Women needs. ;-0 So this has been a good way for us to get that time we need...to fulfill both of us separately.... and coming back together so much better....

As I close this up, I do want to mention that Wes and I have a little bet going on right now...he told me if I make enough pay my car off by October, he will buy me a hunting rifle... (He still isn’t sold on the fact that I will make any money doing this...but he is willing to let me try)
I still laugh at the reasoning of me selling “oh so girly” Jewelry in pursuit of my very own hunting rifle...to kill things...and eat them....but for me, the incentive is worth working for! So the game is on....and I will keep you posted....

Anyways, that is the new....in the world of Wes and Heather Waldorf...
Now on to the OLD...laundry and dishes....
Would rather be doing a jewelry party...
So ask me. ;-)

No comments: