Saturday, January 16, 2010

Prayers for Haiti

As I sat in Zaxby’s yesterday eating my salad and drinking my tea, all I could think about were the people in Haiti and how they have gone without food and water for days. I almost couldn’t eat. I literally sat there focusing on choking down my bites and not crying....

So I began to pray. In the middle of Zaxbys....surround by a mass of busy people.
The situation makes me feel so helpless...sometimes the ‘gift of Mercy’ breaks me.
. Seriously, my heart aches. And it takes my breath away.

I guess it seems a bit more real to me coming off of our Nicaragua trip where we saw the depth of what living in poverty looks like. And Haiti is the poorest country in the Western Hemisphere...so going from poor to now homeless, hungry, hurting, and helpless....well; it is almost unbearable in my mind.

Please pray for them. Pray for the babies without families. Pray for the mothers who have lost their children. Pray for the husbands who have lost their families. Pray for those who still don’t know.
Oh dear God....help them.

No comments: