Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Transition

There was a time in my life where the thought of change made my stomach turn and my head begin to swirl. I would run fast the other direction when change came knocking on my door. Funny how the Lord has a way of taking our hardest hurdles and turning them into our everyday circumstances. Now I seem to look in the face of change and laugh…it is becoming a VERY comical and ironic part of our lives…

Let me explain.

From a single gal who was single a LOOOONNNNGGG time; meeting Wes and beginning a whirlwind courtship like we did as fast as we did, well, shook me up a bit. In fact, I almost walked away early in the game, out of fear. But as I know, because of the “great crowd of witnesses” God has put around me in my life, the prayers of others allowed my fears to ease and my legs to magically walk down the path that God was laying out before me. And the year of courtship began.

Next on to our engagement and wedding preparations. WHOA…talk about another hard and exciting 6 months of my life. From planning a wedding while constantly learning to balance the opinions of what you should and shouldn’t do by others, to continuing to pursue each other in relationship while trying hard to remain pure, to wanting life to just be normal again, and learning to shift priorities to the appropriate places by weeding out the “busy work” in our lives to focus on the new, to premarital counseling, and to physically moving into another home…I seriously had moments where I thought I was about to commit myself to the mental hospital. I have to say that was probably one of the hardest 6 months of my life…. But FINALLY, the day came…I didn’t think it ever would come… we were once again carried, literally on wings of peace and prayer, and God confirmed to me over and over and over that our labor in the Lord was not in vain. And we became husband and wife in the most beautiful day of my life. No regrets. It was all worth it…

And as life has resumed….and it has…we are LOVING being married for anyone that is wondering…contrary to what some told me even about the first few weeks of marriage being “hard”, we haven’t experienced that at all…maybe it is my age and the fact I have waited a long time for this and just appreciate it more and that we aren’t really sweating the “small stuff”…but I also know that there is power in prayer as a couple and seeking out the Lord together that has truth in the protection and growth of your marriage…We were blessed with really wise counsel and I have to say that we have heeded that counsel… and it is MORE FUN than I ever thought possible!! Let’s just say I have laughed more than I have in years in the first 6 weeks of my marriage…this “HUGE CHANGE” everyone warned me about, has been, well, kind of easy…

And as we move forward, the Lord has continued to place Wes and I in new situations that are causing our life to change and take new directions but where blessing is pouring down all over us, we are just struck with jaws open right now…Wes was just given a new and very good opportunity…and took a new job just yesterday. One that will enable us to continue to grow together in all aspects of this new life... seriously it is overwhelming and amazing to think of where God is taking us…We just talked on Sunday how we both feel, we are sitting on the edge of something HUGE in our lives and while we aren’t sure what that is, we know that God is calling us to pursue paths together to find out what this stirring is inside the both of us.

So Change?? A threat?? Not anymore…we are learning to welcome it with open arms.
I turn 30 in a few weeks…crossing over into the next “realm”…And I can only think that if my 30’s are half as exciting as my 20’s have been, than I have a LOT to look forward to.

Be blessed today my friends…pursue God and watch out. Things just might start happening.

1 comment:

Janelle Flint said...

Can't wait to hear about the continued changes in your lives. So, what's with the new job? Thanks as always for sharing your lives with us. Be blessed today!