So, I am doing this “de-tox” diet this week in a dastardly effort to loose a few pounds before the big day…actually, it all started with my most recent scare when I went to try on my dress last week. I just don’t want to be blue in the head from lack of oxygen by the time I hit the reception, you know? HA! No, just kidding…it isn’t that bad…but I just want to have some breathing room…
Luckily, my mom and sister-in-law are doing it alongside of me, because well, we all have dresses to wear that day…and we are woman…:-) and accountability is always a good thing. But all that to say, my stomach just growled so loud I think I woke the lady in the cubicle on the other side of the building…and I am working in an office….with a door!! HA! No worries…
Yeah, no worries…that is the attitude I ask you pray that I keep for the next few weeks…no worries….I have waited a long time for this day. And I ain’t going to let a few missed details get in the way of that…Because you know what? I AM GETTING MARRIED!!! WHOO HOO!!! AND I am determined to make it a joyful occasion…I don’t want to look back and regret allowing other people to ruin my day because they aren’t getting their way…
I woke up this morning with a rush of things running through my mind…little things…that I HAVE to accomplish this week…or they really won’t get done! And you know what? I am not stressed…or overwhelmed…or worried…but so very peaceful...This calm that is over me is kind of strange. I mean, I am getting married in 13 days…but who’s counting? :-) I just figure at this point, if it doesn’t get done, it doesn’t get done…and I am not going to stress…we have our “game plan”, the rings, the officiate, our plane tickets far far away….and I am ready. We both are.
1 comment:
Nathan and I are lifting you and Wes up in prayer. Looking forward to sharing YOUR day with you.
Although I wouldn't have chosen roses and what's up with that dress color and Perry's BBQ for the rehearsal dinner, what were you thinking? LOL!!!! You know I am SOOOO joking! I am so proud of you for making this YOUR wedding (something I wish I could have/would have done). Heather I am praying that your heart and mind would be guarded and that you would remain resting in Him for the next 13 days (and everyday after)!!! Thanks as always for blogging and sharing your life with us!
Post a Comment