After cleaning my almost empty apartment until 11 last night, and taking not just one, but TWO tylenol PM, and soaking in a hot bath, my body and mind is still finding it hard to be stilled enought to rest.... I have a feeling the nights are going to be long this week. So after batteling myself for a bit, I decided to wake up, drink some coffee, have a quite time and just try to "rest" the best I know how for right now.
Time is of the essence this week. The biggest and most amazing thing to me since the month of March hit is how quickly time went by. Of course looking foward to your wedding day with such great anticipation has made the time go by quicker...or so it feels...but the fact remains that whether or not time seemed to magically fly this month, we are here. It is upon us, staring us in our very excited faces.
One week...actually, under a week. Because I didn't feel like answering the 50 million"Are you excited?" (duh...) questions over and over from well meaning church family, Wes and I didn't go to church yesterday but spent time just being together...something that amidst all the hustle and bustle of the last few months, we haven't been able to do for a bit. It was nice...
Our worship isn't conitgent upon a building, but upon our hearts. And my heart was at such peace yesterday...As we pulled into my driveway, I just couldn't help but to think that SOMEONE out there is praying....I can feel the prayers....we both can.
As this week progresses and family begins to arrive, I know that time won't slow down, but may indeed speed up...and I just want to savor these memories, these moments....they are once in a lifetime...We have a lifetime of love ahead of us and this is the grand kickoff!
So continue my friends with the prayers....we feel them...the excitement is almost unbearable (in a good way). Peace is all around us. Pray for rest.
Until the next time I can't sleep.....be blessed.
Heather
No comments:
Post a Comment