
Merry Christmas everyone!!
SO….Anyone else feeling a bit like a round snowman lately??
I should expect it. It always happens this time of the year. No matter how good I try to be December is always the month I just always feel….hm….full. :-) Every day is a “fat day”. I should just “suit up” and start practicing "Chimney diving".
But really now, who wants to say no to a hickory farms beef stick and smoked Gouda on a nice buttery Ritz cracker?? For breakfast? And lunch and dinner…Come on now…there really aren’t calories in that….it is protein, right? (Ha!) That justification alone is exactly why I am feeling the way I am at the moment…
It also doesn’t help that I made gingerbread men and fudge the other night to keep in my very own house…I am trying to give it away but the recipe made so much it is like the more I give away, the more I realize I still have left. Like the loaves and the fishes. And there is just something so fun about eating the legs off the gingerbread men, ESPECIALLY after a trip to wal-mart this time of the year! Talk about needing to get some frustration out!!
And lets talk about work….Every day I come in there is SOMETHING sweet in the kitchen. Literally there are hundreds of Christmas cookies screaming my name to eat them thanks to all the lovely ladies at work that keep bringing them in…and because everyone else is out on vacation and I am left here to sit in boredom, a trip to the kitchen is a highlight of my day…over and over and over again. I go in intending to get a glass of water…but come out wiping the crumbs off my sweater that I must have shrunk the last time I washed it…it never cut off my circulation before…But as one co-worker and I were talking about today as we were shoving peanut butter balls down our throat as part of our nutritionally sound breakfast…., “Tis the season!”
Don’t worry, in Jan I plan on beginning, “Bridal Boot Camp!” But for now, I will continue the pursuit of trying to keep up with Santa Clause in creating a belly that shakes like a bowl full of jelly! :-)
I know this is a random blog but I am bored. Hang with me…it was this or another trip to the kitchen.
Today I FINALLY woke up feeling good. I have struggled over the last few weeks with all the bugs that have been going around. And after heeding the advice of others, and just being sick and tired of being sick and tired, I made a doctors appointment this week. Sure enough, drugs were needed. Yippee!! I am on such a high level of amoxicillin it should kill everything in my system that shouldn’t be there as well as all the infections of those around me. I feel a bit nauseous but BOY did my energy level come back! Or maybe it is all the sugar…
Funny, the side effects say that the drug may cause a “loss of appetite”…I could only be so lucky!! So far, it hasn’t. Praise God it is almost time for lunch. I have a salad today…and a couple of gingerbread men…
I think I need a glass of water….
Merry Christmas everyone!!
SO….Anyone else feeling a bit like a round snowman lately??
I should expect it. It always happens this time of the year. No matter how good I try to be December is always the month I just always feel….hm….full. :-) Every day is a “fat day”. I should just “suit up” and start practicing "Chimney diving".
But really now, who wants to say no to a hickory farms beef stick and smoked Gouda on a nice buttery Ritz cracker?? For breakfast? And lunch and dinner…Come on now…there really aren’t calories in that….it is protein, right? (Ha!) That justification alone is exactly why I am feeling the way I am at the moment…
It also doesn’t help that I made gingerbread men and fudge the other night to keep in my very own house…I am trying to give it away but the recipe made so much it is like the more I give away, the more I realize I still have left. Like the loaves and the fishes. And there is just something so fun about eating the legs off the gingerbread men, ESPECIALLY after a trip to wal-mart this time of the year! Talk about needing to get some frustration out!!
And lets talk about work….Every day I come in there is SOMETHING sweet in the kitchen. Literally there are hundreds of Christmas cookies screaming my name to eat them thanks to all the lovely ladies at work that keep bringing them in…and because everyone else is out on vacation and I am left here to sit in boredom, a trip to the kitchen is a highlight of my day…over and over and over again. I go in intending to get a glass of water…but come out wiping the crumbs off my sweater that I must have shrunk the last time I washed it…it never cut off my circulation before…But as one co-worker and I were talking about today as we were shoving peanut butter balls down our throat as part of our nutritionally sound breakfast…., “Tis the season!”
Don’t worry, in Jan I plan on beginning, “Bridal Boot Camp!” But for now, I will continue the pursuit of trying to keep up with Santa Clause in creating a belly that shakes like a bowl full of jelly! :-)
I know this is a random blog but I am bored. Hang with me…it was this or another trip to the kitchen.
Today I FINALLY woke up feeling good. I have struggled over the last few weeks with all the bugs that have been going around. And after heeding the advice of others, and just being sick and tired of being sick and tired, I made a doctors appointment this week. Sure enough, drugs were needed. Yippee!! I am on such a high level of amoxicillin it should kill everything in my system that shouldn’t be there as well as all the infections of those around me. I feel a bit nauseous but BOY did my energy level come back! Or maybe it is all the sugar…
Funny, the side effects say that the drug may cause a “loss of appetite”…I could only be so lucky!! So far, it hasn’t. Praise God it is almost time for lunch. I have a salad today…and a couple of gingerbread men…
I think I need a glass of water….
Merry Christmas everyone!!
No comments:
Post a Comment