
God defiantly created us for relationship. He created us for companionship. We aren’t meant to live life alone. From the beginning. Eve for Adam. And He saw that it was good. They played together, laughed together, ate together….and when one went down, the two went down….together. The way God intended relationships to be from the get-go.
I have been in a constant state of missing something this week. There is an unmistakable void in my everyday routine. And I have been asking myself, how did I do it so long alone? Well, not fully alone; I had friends and family and work companions…and I still do….but life over the last year has changed so drastically for me that I am being reminded this week of how the change has become so permanent to my everyday life. Absence has defiantly made this heart grow fonder….and more thankful for the gift that the Lord has given me.
I miss him. Sure it is just a week. And yes, I can TOTALLY handle it alone. I handled it alone for 28 years of my life…what is one week? But the thing that slaps me in the face every night before I go to bed and every morning when I wake up is that I don’t want to do it alone anymore. I used to be OK with being alone. Which defiantly proves to me that it wasn’t me sustaining my internal craving for companionship all those years. Praise God for his grace and mercy.
I used to apologize for “feeling needy”. I used to think it was a sign of weakness to be that girl. But as I have grown through this stage of my life, I am quickly realizing that needing someone is ok. Loving them and missing them is natural and normal. Admitting that is not a sign of weakness but a reminder that I am human and that, “no”, I don’t have to do it on my own. Sometimes ‘putting your big girl panties on and dealing with life’ means admitting to someone else that you need them.
Don’t get me wrong. God is still my sustainer. He is still my refuge. And He is still the one in whom I find my security. He is still the ONLY one that can fully complete me and make me Heather. But I guess what I am getting to is that this life is just so much sweeter when there are two. Sweeter and more fulfilled. Even in the everyday chores of life.
I have been in a constant state of missing something this week. There is an unmistakable void in my everyday routine. And I have been asking myself, how did I do it so long alone? Well, not fully alone; I had friends and family and work companions…and I still do….but life over the last year has changed so drastically for me that I am being reminded this week of how the change has become so permanent to my everyday life. Absence has defiantly made this heart grow fonder….and more thankful for the gift that the Lord has given me.
I miss him. Sure it is just a week. And yes, I can TOTALLY handle it alone. I handled it alone for 28 years of my life…what is one week? But the thing that slaps me in the face every night before I go to bed and every morning when I wake up is that I don’t want to do it alone anymore. I used to be OK with being alone. Which defiantly proves to me that it wasn’t me sustaining my internal craving for companionship all those years. Praise God for his grace and mercy.
I used to apologize for “feeling needy”. I used to think it was a sign of weakness to be that girl. But as I have grown through this stage of my life, I am quickly realizing that needing someone is ok. Loving them and missing them is natural and normal. Admitting that is not a sign of weakness but a reminder that I am human and that, “no”, I don’t have to do it on my own. Sometimes ‘putting your big girl panties on and dealing with life’ means admitting to someone else that you need them.
Don’t get me wrong. God is still my sustainer. He is still my refuge. And He is still the one in whom I find my security. He is still the ONLY one that can fully complete me and make me Heather. But I guess what I am getting to is that this life is just so much sweeter when there are two. Sweeter and more fulfilled. Even in the everyday chores of life.
No comments:
Post a Comment