Friday, September 02, 2011

Speaking of Picnic....

So, every year, we are offered the opportunity to attend a 'all staff' picnic up at Grandfather Mountain. I had great expectations of Wes being able to go with me this year however work was asking him to sacrifice free BBQ.

I went back and forth all week wondering if I should go up by myself or not...Literally at the last minute I decided I would rather go by myself than not miss out. After all,it was a beautiful day, a beautiful drive, and you don't have to ask me twice for a free opportunity to play with my new camera!
I have to admit, it was a nice hour and 1/2 drive by myself. With worship music cranked and the wind in my hair, I found a much needed respite in the drive that I didn't know I needed. *love it when that happens*

I had the opportunity to hang out with some new staff members here as we explored Grandfather Mountain. Just thought I would share a few photos of my day.
And yes, the animals were behind 'bars'....and not in my chickens. :-)

No comments: