Tuesday, December 14, 2010

This about sums it up....

Twas the week before Christmas
And all through the Waldorf house
not a Christmas cookie was made
not even a ginger...mouse?

The laundry was scattered on the laundry room floor with no care
With company coming in under a week to spare.
And me with no clean skivvies, and Wes without any too
Guess we’ll pray for some new ones, pink for me and for him, blue.

The refrigerator is lacking and I am too busy to shop
Guess ‘Heather surprise” is on the menu, or some other slop.
However, the presents ARE wrapped and under the tree
with a few more to purchase; what to get...hmm..let’s see

The weather is throwing a wrench in my plans
And for that my Christmas cards are still on hold at Sam's
I am missing some addresses and need to get stamps
“Eh, they will get out when they get out” is my daily rant.

Go here and go there, trying hard not to worry
Christmas is coming, and it feels all I do is hurry
I just want to stop and rest just a minute
To remember what it is about if God is truly in it.

All joking aside I really must say
I am blessed over and over and over each day
I am loved and respected and given such grace
I just want to say thank you Lord and fall on my face.

The holiday’s are not about all this madness
I am sure the Lord must look down on us with sadness.
He didn’t intend to create such a season
He came to give us new life that was simply the only reason.

Not the presents or cookies or family or toys
The real gift was given, through a little baby boy.
Remember that this week if you are starting to fret
And perspective will come to you...I bet.

And with all of that said, I must finish my day
I guess there is only one more thing I should say.
MERRY CHRISTMAS to you from one frazzled chick
(Hope when I get home...my road is not slick)

No comments: