Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Happy...almost....Anniversary....


As Feb ends and March is on the horizon, I am flooded by the memories of just a few years ago this time. I was packing my house, making last minute preparations for my wedding, ordering flowers, and counting down the days until April 5th.

I stand here today looking at two years gone by and wonder, what happened? My how time flies. Where did it go? How precious are those memories. I cherish them.

If you read over my blog from the last two years you will see that our lives have been about time spent fishing, hunting, repairing things, crazy trips with broken cars, biking trips, holidays, mission trips, laughter, puppies, love, family, mice, ministry, mercy, grace, tears, struggles, victories....I could go on...but what I really mean to “sum up” is that our life together is nothing like I could have ever dreamed or imagined.

Marriage is such a gift from the Lord. A gift, that even as I am only two years in, feel like I take for granted. Oh how easy it is to forget the nights and weekends and years I spent without anyone. And now, in the blink of an eye, I have been given someone who is a life partner. Someone who pushes me to be better while allowing me to be who I am.

Wes has been a trooper. I am not the easiest person to figure out, live with, or love. He had his work cut out for him from the beginning. And He has been more than I could have ever asked or hoped for.
He has been gracious, loving; caring...he puts me before himself. He loves me in ways that I don’t think I even love myself. I couldn’t or wouldn’t imagine my life without him. He is a gift. And this relationship, this marriage, is just a picture of God’s mercy and grace. One that I don’t deserve.

Have we had the picture perfect marriage? No, there isn’t one. We are two imperfect humans trying to live life on top of each other. But has it been good? Absolutely. Better than good.

The vows we made on that rainy Saturday afternoon almost two years ago hold true today. We made a covenant that day to be eternally faithful and true to each other, in good times and bad, sickness and health, for better or for worse, richer or poorer....Sealed with a kiss, bound by the blood of the Lord.

I love you baby. Thank you for choosing me to be the one you allow to annoy you the rest of our lives. :-)

1 comment:

Janelle Flint said...

In typical Heather fashion...WELL written.I am so blessed to have been a part of that rainy Saturday. I honestly think that was the most special wedding (aside from mine..lol) that I have ever been a part of my dear. Nathan and I STILL talk about it. Thanks for choosing US to be a part of your day. Happy early Anniversary "Cheese Sammich".