Sunday, May 10, 2009

This one's for Joan.....

I must apologize my faithful blog readers.....*clearing throat*.....specifically, JOAN....:-)
for my lack of blogging these past few months....

I in my stupidity accidently cancelled our internet service when we switched from Charter Cable to Direct TV (which I HIGHLY reccomend doing if you are looking to get more for your money)....anyways....we just haven't gotten it back up and running at home yet....

Actually, it has been kinda nice....we actually spend evenings taking walks and talking over dinner instead of sitting on the internet blogging....hmmm....I mean, we both work office jobs so the computer consumes us during the day so when we come home at night, it is kinda nice to not have access....

Anyways, we will get it up and running soon....cause we do miss it....and we had to go sit in a parking lot in Black Mountain where we could pick up a signal so we could file our taxes....so the perks of having it at our fingertips are missed....We just need to be more, um, DILIGENT, at not being on it unless we ABSOLUTLY have to....you know, to search craig's list for things we don't need....like another dog....or a free hot tub that doesn't work....

speaking of....things that we don't really need....and that don't work....

we are now the proud owners of a 16ft speed boat WITH a trailer.....and....drumroll please....we got it at a yard sale....for $75 dollars....no joke....

HA!! Funny I know....but thank the Lord I married a handyman....actually Wes went in on it with his best friend Dan....halfsies....the total was $150....and their "plan" is to fix the thing up and have it running by the end of the summer....

Elise, Dan's wife, and I have decided that our investment into this little project will be really good insurance and some cute life jackets....so who knows....yet another adventure....

So yeah, we are doing good....loving life, loving each other....and just living....

So Joan, I do have PLENTY more to blog about however the smell of a freshly baked Strawberry Rubarb pie is creating somewhat of writer's block and I must go see if it indeed is ready to be eaten....so I am going to jet....

Don't give up on me quite yet....I will be back....

1 comment:

Janelle Flint said...

Hallelujah!!! My day is even better having just read a HEATHER blog!!! How we have missed you girlie!!

Love,

Janelle