“When peace like a river attendeth my soul...when sorrows like sea billows roll...whatever my lot, thou hast taught me to say, It is Well, it is Well...with my soul...”
This afternoon, in the surprised quietness of my office I turned on pandora.com...and clicked on my worship station.
Where my heart has been uneasy and discontented came an instantaneous peace in my soul. Where there was war within me...came rest. Where I have let my mind worry about life issues...came an instant trust that God truly works all things together for the good.
I have to surround myself with music. It is my direct connection to the Lord. I have forgotten that lately. And I have felt unplugged from God.
I know worship comes in many ways and forms...but worship and connection for me comes in the way of song. Somehow, I am directly transported into the arms of my God. It stills me. It brings me peace. It is how I pray.
The past few mornings, on my drive in to work, I have turned the radio off and have just begun to sing...I sing whatever comes to my heart first. It truly has been the cry of my heart...my song has been my prayer to the Lord. And mostly what has been coming out is praise. Not needs or wants or worries...but praise... Imagine that.
I have been listening too much to the reports of this horrific time in the world; our downtrodden economy, sin and lust and murder and crime running rampit. False religions and wars and rumors of wars. Strange weather patterns...
But the longer I hear these things, the more uneasy my heart becomes. I have been at deep unrest. Unwrapped at times. Thoughts trapped in my mind that are almost paralyzing.
And I am longing for the Lord to come quickly...
But in the mean time I know:
“that my God shall provide for my every need”...To” Ask and ye shall receive”...to trust that he truly”knows the plans he has for me, Declares the Lord”... to just”Be still and know that I am YOUR God”....
Scriptures I have memorized as a small child, being brought to my mind as my fingers type this. As if God is saying, “Be at rest...let me do the worrying”...
You just do the worship.
Amen
2 comments:
That was beautiful. I can just hear you worshipping and see you driving, crying and laughing down the road enjoying your time with Jesus. From a musical standpoint Heather, I miss singing with you. You have a gift, and I feel fortunate to have shared in that with you. Although right now God has lead us both away from the "leading" thing, we both now seem to have a greater, more pure understanding of worship. Your heart shines Heather. He is pleased with your song, and the good thing about this kind of worship is you never need more of you in the monitor...lol!!! Let's get together and sing sometime. It doesn't matter if it's in Roxy (do you still have her), the veggie mobile, or over a cheese sammich. Girl I miss your voice and more importantly your heart! You are beautiful and I am smiling because I am your friend. Not just on blogger, but for real ;-) Have a blessed weekend.
Thank you Heather for your words. I wish I could hear you worship! I know it would draw me into that place with Him as well.
The Lord woke me up at 3:00 a.m. the other morning with "Create in me a clean heart oh God, and renew a right spirit within me." Do you suppose that was because my prayer that evening was for Him to show me what to pray? In a difficult and distracting week, I longed to spend time with Him, but could not settle and focus my mind. I believe He woke me up telling me what the prayer of my heart should be. He is so faithful to show up when we ask Him to. Whether in your car or in my sleep, He is so faithful! What a precious lover of our souls.
Post a Comment