It was a regular weekday evening. I had arrived home from work around 5:30pm on Tuesday. Roxy was anxiously awaiting her release in her doggie lot. I ran up the muddy path in my heels to free her...as I normally do.
I was greeted, as I always am, with a whimpering, backside wagging, and very HAPPY puppy. I let her tear around the driveway a bit, celebrating her daily freedom as I unloaded the groceries from the back of my car.
I gathered as much as I could and headed up the stairs of the porch yelling for Roxy to “go to the door”...She sat at the door waiting for me, as she always does, with great anticipation and excitement. She knows, on the other side lies her comfy spot in the living room, her toys, and of course her dinner.
We fumbled up the stairs and into the kitchen. I laid everything down and played a bit with the tail wagging, very kissy, whimpering pup....as I normally do....such a nice greeting at the end of a hard day.
Groceries were put away, dinner was in the oven and I decided to let Roxy out to run some more....and go potty....usually this was about the time that Wes comes pulling into the driveway....
She loves this time of the day....
She went to her ‘usual’ spot....I was busy watering my plants, but out of the side of my eye noticed that she seemed to be “playing” with sticks and leaves and other dog like outdoor play things...I sat amused for a bit and chuckled as I watched her incessantly throw the piece of mulch up in the air, crouch down like it was about to attack her, and throw it in the air again....
**When you have a puppy and no kids, the puppy becomes your kid....and you begin to take notice of these things....and find them, as amusing as a kid....look at me, I am even blogging about this....pathetic....I didn’t think it would happen...(Kelly, if you are reading this, please watch for our family Christmas Card! Ha! )
Anyways, back to the story...After a bit, I decided it was time to go back in and called for her to come.
She pranced her way back towards the door and had the “mulch” still hanging from her mouth....
As she came closer, I noticed that this “mulch” looked particularly different....She eventually got close enough for me to see that it indeed was NOT mulch, but a fully intact leg-o-squirrel.....*Ugh! Disgusting!* Not only did she think I was playing, but she would run from me, lay down, and chew on the shriveled up squirrel jerky....I could only gag and yell for her to drop it....**It would have been a REALLY nice time for Wes to get home and deal with this, but not tonight....I had to suck it up and put ‘my big girl panties on’ and handle this situation myself**
After about 10 min of chasing and yelling, she got close enough to me for me to grab her collar and pry the hairy fibula from her mouth....I threw Roxy in the house and left the leg on the porch....*I figured that Wes needed to have SOME part in this little adventure of mine*
Anyways...sorry for all the dead animal stories lately....just thought it would make for a funny
story to write about...I have been laughing about it all day....
So until “fur”-ther notice, “Tails” (*Ha! Puns are intended*) of life with a puppy will conclude....At least for now....
No comments:
Post a Comment