Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Peace

I got a new book today in my mailbox at work called, "God's Promises for your every Need" by Billy Graham. (*5 points to the person that guesses where I work!*) Basically a compilation of verses by topic. No joke, I have opened this book about three times today and opened to the SAME PAGE only to have my eyes fall to the SAME VERSE...Feel free to disagree with me, some people are funny about things like this, BUT I feel VERY strongly that it has been the Lord talking to me through His word today....let me explain....

Over the last few weeks and days I have been overwhelmed at times with waves of anxiousness about the wedding. Normal? yes. Natural? yeah. Let me make this clear...I am not anxious about the actual reason behind the wedding; I love Wes and we are ready to take this step in our lives together. But anxiousness about the details of, well, everything else...
Being an event planner by trade is a blessing....and a curse. I am used to being the one in "control"; the one to take care of all of the nitty gritty details of things...I do it on a daily basis. But I also know what can happen, and does happen. And this just feels really out of control at times...causing me to start....thinking...and well, anxiousness creeps in and well, another sleepless night goes by....it is a vicious cycle.

So the Verse?
Phil 4:6,7 "Be anxious for nothing (*ouch! guess I dropped the ball on that*) , but in everything by prayer and supplication (*supplication=to ask for humbly*) , with thanksgiving (*um...strike two?*) , let your requests be made known to God;(*many times a day*) and the peace of God which surpasses all understaning will guard your heart and mind in Christ Jesus."

Think the Lord is speaking to me?

Let me end this by saying that I have never experienced more love and grace from my family and from Wes than I have in these last few weeks. I haven't exactly been "peachy" to be around at times. But their unconditional love has meant more to me than I will ever be able to express in audible words. I can't wait till this day. But God tells me that I can wait for this day...with grace and with peace....amen

No comments: